Hi, and thanks for your interest in commenting on The Mix.
Our moderation policy
We want to make sure The Mix is a safe, respectful environment for all our users. For this reason we pre-moderate all comments. Your comment may not appear for up to 24 hours.
How to report comments
If you see a comment that worries or upsets you, you can report it by clicking the ‘report’ button found on the bottom right-hand side of each post.
Looking for help and advice?
If you’re under 25 and in the UK you may get a quicker response on our discussion boards.
Our remit is to offer support to young people in the UK. If you’re older or in another country, you may find it useful to follow the ‘Next Steps’ advice box at the end of our articles.
Our commenting rules:
- Harassing, threatening, abusive, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, racist or otherwise unlawful posts are not permitted.
- The owners of The Mix have the right to remove, edit, move or close any threads or posts for any reason and without notice.
- Posting spam (unsolicited advertising) is not permitted.
- Links to inappropriate websites (hateful, defamatory or illegal) are not permitted.
- Will not publish users’ personal details – address, email address or phone number. We will edit these out if we find them in comments.
- If you’re looking for users to help on projects or surveys or if you are a member of the press looking for people to contribute to articles or stories you must first obtain permission by contacting The Mix staff.
- Respect the opinions of others – debate is fine, but mean, rude or hateful comments about other users won’t be published.
- We won’t allow comments detailing drug use (dosages etc) or methods of self-harming.
We will ban people who continually refuse to work within these rules.
All messages express the views of the author and not those of The Mix.