Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Prize draw!

We're running a prize draw here on the discussion boards! Take a look here to get involved.
2 of 3 < >

Post of The Month (August)

Meggles is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"my recent post and a comment from another user has made me realise that self care is so important.

I wanted to start a thread in the Health and Wellbeing section of the boards about self care.

Self care is provided by you, for you

I know a lot of us are struggling at the moment with different aspects of our own lives, and sometimes we get so lost in these we forget to take time for ourselves. This tread is, a Reminder to you to take time out for yourself during the difficult times.

down in the comments I would really love for people to share ideas and tips about self- care. to remind ourselves and others in the community.

My way of self care when i recognise ( or someone recognises i have neglected myself) is:

Take a walk and admire whats around me ( take as long as needed)
treat myself to a bath with a bathbomb and bubbles ( bubbles are important)
make a hot drink and just sit down with a film.

Please feel free to share your ideas!

The Mix have a guide to self-care which you can find here."
(Click for full post )
3 of 3 < >

Get involved

Fancy hosting one of our General Chats, or getting involved with the community in another way? Let us know here.
See more
See less

A dodgy post - needs attention

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A dodgy post - needs attention

There is a post on the boards called welcome to the mix boards done by a person called electa 16 and when you clicked on it just takes me back to the discussion boards - it needs to be deleted, cant exactly get on the post to report it.

James Mike
    Last edited by Jess101; 03-08-2017, 11:54 AM.
    'Mental health is not a not a destination but a process. It's about how you drive and not where you're going'

If you click on the user profile , it says the thread is in private messages... And at the top it says home - special

Comment

Hey guys,

Thanks for flagging this
      I'm guessing you saw this under the 'What's New' section of the boards?

This is actually bug in the software the boards runs on. Every now and then, the title of a reply to a thread or (very occasionally) PM will appear in that list. As an example, I've attached a screenshot of one we can see right now.

These don't have any publicly visible content - we can see that it exists, but nothing more. They usually only appear to mod accounts and only for replies to PMs or threads that already exist.

In the case you spotted, a new user was replying to the welcome PM we send out to all new users

Because it's built into the software we use, there's not much we can do to change it. But we're keeping an eye on it.

Hope that clears it up a bit!

- James
      We're Aife & Mike: the staff team here at The Mix.
      If you have any questions about this place, feel free to
      ask over in the
      Help Desk or send us a private message.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mix View Post
        Hey guys,

Thanks for flagging this
        I'm guessing you saw this under the 'What's New' section of the boards?

This is actually bug in the software the boards runs on. Every now and then, the title of a reply to a thread or (very occasionally) PM will appear in that list. As an example, I've attached a screenshot of one we can see right now.

These don't have any publicly visible content - we can see that it exists, but nothing more. They usually only appear to mod accounts and only for replies to PMs or threads that already exist.

In the case you spotted, a new user was replying to the welcome PM we send out to all new users

Because it's built into the software we use, there's not much we can do to change it. But we're keeping an eye on it.

Hope that clears it up a bit!

- James

Ah okay, that makes sense now James. I was just kinda confused
        'Mental health is not a not a destination but a process. It's about how you drive and not where you're going'

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
        X