Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Expert chat: Enthusiastic Consent & Conditional Consent (Wed 21st February)

Hey everyone!

On Wednesday 21st Feb at 6.30pm, Sarah our expert, will be running an expert chat about Enthusiastic Consent and Conditional Consent.

Sarah is the co-founder of Scarlet Ladies, a community of women with the aim to destigmatise and normalise the conversation around female sexuality.

Suffering from post traumatic stress disorder after experiencing a number of traumas, including rape, Sarah is reclaiming her body by engaging in bodybuilding and powerlifting. Taking back control of her sexuality, she is currently remaining abstinent. Working and campaigning with other women for the sexual empowerment of women has been an integral part of her healing journey.

Come along and join us! Find out more here
2 of 4 < >

Vanilla features: have your say

As we move to our new boards software, Vanilla, we'll have a few new features at our disposal. We're keen to hear what you all think about them, so head here to have your say over how we'll use (or not use) some of the new features. Fill out the form before Wednesday the 21st to tell us your thoughts and have the option of joining our testing team!
3 of 4 < >

The Great Boards Migration

Great news! We're moving to new discussion boards software. Head here for the full announcement.
4 of 4 < >

Post of The Month

One-in-a-million is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Just a bit of fun here if you could create an advent calendar what would you put in it and why.

For me you would still get chocolate 😆😆
But inside each door is a task for the day. Something that includes you helping/talking to others, doing something festive and spreading Christmas cheer
For example

1. Tell your parents/carers you love them
2. Say hello when passing an OAP (that might be the only thing someone says to them all week)
3. Watch a Christmas movie
4. Help someone in need e.g put some spare change in a charity box, buy a warm drink for the homeless person who sits on the corner, dothe washing up ha ha ha😂
5 make hot chocolate
6. Visit your grandparents (if you donít already) They will more than likely love to see you.
7. Sing a Christmas song with a friend
8. Dress up in something Christmasy when you do your shopping.

You get the idea 😂😉 my reason for this is to get people in the mood and understand what Christmas actually means.

What would yours have and why."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

A dodgy post - needs attention

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A dodgy post - needs attention

There is a post on the boards called welcome to the mix boards done by a person called electa 16 and when you clicked on it just takes me back to the discussion boards - it needs to be deleted, cant exactly get on the post to report it.

James Mike
    Last edited by Jacob101; 03-08-2017, 10:54 AM.
    Just someone changing to who they really are. Jessica, now Jacob, been a big step but im sure it will be an exciting journey.

If you click on the user profile , it says the thread is in private messages... And at the top it says home - special

Comment

Hey guys,

Thanks for flagging this
      I'm guessing you saw this under the 'What's New' section of the boards?

This is actually bug in the software the boards runs on. Every now and then, the title of a reply to a thread or (very occasionally) PM will appear in that list. As an example, I've attached a screenshot of one we can see right now.

These don't have any publicly visible content - we can see that it exists, but nothing more. They usually only appear to mod accounts and only for replies to PMs or threads that already exist.

In the case you spotted, a new user was replying to the welcome PM we send out to all new users

Because it's built into the software we use, there's not much we can do to change it. But we're keeping an eye on it.

Hope that clears it up a bit!

- James
      We're Aife, Mike and Emma: the staff team here at The Mix.
      If you have any questions about this place, feel free to
      ask over in the
      Help Desk or send us a private message.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mix View Post
        Hey guys,

Thanks for flagging this
        I'm guessing you saw this under the 'What's New' section of the boards?

This is actually bug in the software the boards runs on. Every now and then, the title of a reply to a thread or (very occasionally) PM will appear in that list. As an example, I've attached a screenshot of one we can see right now.

These don't have any publicly visible content - we can see that it exists, but nothing more. They usually only appear to mod accounts and only for replies to PMs or threads that already exist.

In the case you spotted, a new user was replying to the welcome PM we send out to all new users

Because it's built into the software we use, there's not much we can do to change it. But we're keeping an eye on it.

Hope that clears it up a bit!

- James

Ah okay, that makes sense now James. I was just kinda confused
        Just someone changing to who they really are. Jessica, now Jacob, been a big step but im sure it will be an exciting journey.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
        X