Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Support Circles on Sundays

Hey everyone,

We're going to be running support circles once a month on a Sunday! At the moment they run on Tuesdays, but for one of those Tuesdays, each month they will be running on a Sunday instead.

This next Sunday support circle will be on 26 November. If you'd like to come along, (sign up by completing the form here )
2 of 3 < >

Chatwee Update

Update - There's been some technical difficulties launching Chatwee onto our website so we will not be moving to Chatwee on Thursday.

As soon as we fix this issue, we'll announce another date for launching. We're really sorry for the delay in Chatwee, thanks so much for your patience.
3 of 3 < >

Post of The Month (September)

Maisy is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Shaunie,

​I care. I really relate to what you have been experiencing with the house falling apart, and things not getting fixed due to general shame of the state of the house and not knowing where to begin fixing things or who to contact (you don't want to come across rogue tradesmen). Not even having adequate heating and hot water. And clutter. Everywhere. It's horrible to live in such circumstances, I know. It's hard as well when you see everyone else living a 'normal' life and yet being unable to talk about your situation."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

Just wondering....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wondering....

What is The Mix confidentiality policy?
    'Mental health is not a not a destination but a process. It's about how you drive and not where you're going'

Hey Jess101

You can have a read of The Mix's confidentiality policy over on the website here. I've also pasted it below:

Confidentiality Policy

We believe your right to confidentiality when using our services is very important. This means that only in very unusual circumstances would it be necessary for us to contact police or other agencies about any message we have received.

Legal requirements related to confidentiality

Under UK law, The Mix cannot legally provide confidentiality under the following circumstances:
    • A message sent to or through The Mix (including our discussion board posts) contains specific information about a terrorist suspect or terrorist activity that will take place or has taken place in the world. This information must immediately be disclosed to the police.
    • The Mix is forced through legal action to disclose specific confidential information; this can include legal action taken through the Data Protection Act and during criminal investigations.

Our choice to break confidentiality

Under the Data Protection Act we can choose to break confidentiality if we feel that doing so would be in the public interest or that not doing so would hinder a criminal investigation. Under very rare, extreme circumstances, we may choose to break confidentiality.

These are:
    If we believe a user is in immediate and great danger. Or a user is about to place another person in immediate and great danger.

And

That a user has provided enough personal information for us to believe there is an opportunity to intervene.

We wouldn’t even think of trying to intervene if the circumstances were not extreme.
    Let me know if you have any questions about anything

All the best,

- Aife
    We're Aife & Mike: the staff team here at The Mix.
    If you have any questions about this place, feel free to
    ask over in the
    Help Desk or send us a private message.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
    X