Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse

Post of The Month

Jellyelephant is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Abi,

Please don't be sorry. Have you ever heard of the phrase "You can't pour from an empty cup"? I feel like this applies here. You need to look after yourself before you can start caring for other people. I know you know all about self care so I won't go on, but try and practise it a little, the way you encourage others to. It's great that you have other skills too, I know music is one of your passions in life and hopefully by studying it that can help you get to where you want to be. Take all the time you need, you don't have to support people in SC all of the time - chat is there to support you too when you are going through difficult times.

Take care of yourself

Jelly x"
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

Not again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not again

I am having an issue again ... with the boards. Not the spammer one as last time but when ever I post a comment on the boards or send a message I always have to refresh the page.

Key information
    It' happened a lot more on chrome that edge.
    it' not just on one devise its happens on my tablet, phone as well my laptop

if anyone else is having the same issue please let me know so I know that I'm not alone.

sorry to bother you.

speak soon

Abi
    I am human, I fight through the pain to allow the ones I love to continue to live a fulfilling life.

Hey Abi.

The same has always seemed to happen to me and I need to refresh the page and then the comment works and the page loads again.
    Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations

Comment

Me too... and it's been an ongoing irritant for a couple of years.
      "Truely independent person who doesn't do quotes, just dates".. (29.04.17)

Comment

Ok that's fine I'm not alone with this one. They say try and use chrome for chats but the boards play up. the fun!
        I am human, I fight through the pain to allow the ones I love to continue to live a fulfilling life.

Comment

I've never liked using Chrome for the forum for the same reason. I've always used Firefox. You're not alone, Abigail
          "Seconds of your life are ticking away. If someone says that there's a rule - break it! That's the only thing that moves things forward."
          -Hans Zimmer.

Comment

Originally posted by Abigail View Post
            I am having an issue again ... with the boards. Not the spammer one as last time but when ever I post a comment on the boards or send a message I always have to refresh the page.

Key information
            It' happened a lot more on chrome that edge.
            it' not just on one devise its happens on my tablet, phone as well my laptop

if anyone else is having the same issue please let me know so I know that I'm not alone.

sorry to bother you.

speak soon

Abi
            I use Chrome and I get the same thing. I don't find it annoying though - it just means you have to press F5 to post, and that's not a big issue at all!x

Much love <3

Comment

Hey folks

Apologies for the delay in responding to this - it's been pretty hectic here since mid-Dec!

We share your frustration here (we really do). Unfortunately we can't fix the infinite loading wheel issue, but as Azziman pointed out it's just a case of hitting F5 once you've posted. If it's a particularly long post, it might be good to copy it to your clipboard (super quick way to do that is Crtl+A then Ctrl+C). Then even if the worst case happens and your post hasn't gone through, you've got it saved ready to submit again.

We do have plans to migrate to new forum software soon, which should fix a lot of issues that we see being reported with VBulletin (the software we currently use). Thank you for bearing with us, folks - we'll get there.

Mike
              We're Aife, Mike and Emma: the staff team here at The Mix.
              If you have any questions about this place, feel free to
              ask over in the
              Help Desk or send us a private message.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
              X