Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Christmas Quiz Wed 7-8pm

On Wednesday 13th December from 7-8pm we'll be hosting a Christmas Quiz live in The Mix chat room with loads of great prizes

More info about the quiz and the prizes up for grabs here.

We're looking for people to write and host rounds. If you're interested, make sure to send us a PM or comment on the thread linked above.
2 of 3 < >

Post of The Month

Esme17 is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey. Hope you are doing okay?

I completely understand what you mean about feeling low mainly at night. like you said, It is probably because you have nothing else you need to be doing then and so have more time to think. Is there anything you could do that makes you feel slightly happier during this time (watch a film, read etc..)?

Do you know what is making you feel this way? I know you mentioned losing your nan which must have been really hard for you and Iím very sorry to hear that!

Iím not too sure what would be best for you to do in the situation but i would say it would be best to speak to someone like your gp because they could tell you for sure if it does need looking into more and even if it didnít, it would put your mind at rest a bit? I know how hard it can be seeing someone though so just make sure you do what feels right for you.

Remember you can also always come to the board to get support and to chats as well.

Let us know how things go? Iím sorry if this didnít help at all, I think I rambled a bit but I tried...

Esme x"
(Click for full post )
3 of 3 < >

Support Circles on Sundays

We're going to be running support circles once a month on a Sunday! At the moment they run on Tuesdays, but for one of those Tuesdays, each month they will be running on a Sunday instead.

This next Sunday support circle will be on the 17th of December. If you'd like to come along, feel free to sign-up closer to the time (when we post the thread for it).
See more
See less

Do you have lived experience of self-harm?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have lived experience of self-harm?

UPDATE: This event is being pushed back a week. It is now scheduled for Wednesday 6th of December. If this date works better for anyone, you can register your interest either via the Do-it page or by emailing volunteering@themix.org.uk.

Hey everyone

We’ve been asked to try to pull together a small group of people with lived experience of self-harm to help create a tool for Self-Harm Awareness Day next year. We will be doing some work with the other charities to make sure that this is a safe space to get involved and talk about self-harm.

If you're interested, click here for the full information (I've copied the main blurb below). You can either register your interest via that page, tell us in this thread or via PM.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,
    Mike

About the opportunity
    The Mix, Young Minds and Self Harm UK are the charity partners behind Self Harm Awareness Day, a nationwide campaign held every March that aims to raise awareness of young people struggling with self-harm and promote potential avenues of support. Now in its fifth year, the campaign has seen a considerable rise in the numbers of young people reporting self-harm and done much to raise awareness of the issue. This year we are working with an award winning digital agency - Reason Digital - to create a practical intervention to support young people dealing with self-harm to accompany the campaign.

What are they looking for?
    We are looking for young people aged 18-25 with lived experience of self-harm to join a creative session. If you're passionate about helping others and are confident telling us your thoughts and views in a supportive environment, apply today!

You'll get the chance to work with an award winning digital agency and experience the creative process behind the design and build of innovative, agile solutions in the charity sector - a perfect opportunity to build skills and examples for interviews in the sector.

Practical Considerations
    You'll need to be 18-25 and available to attend a workshop in central London on the 28th of November from 10.30am-12.30pm. We'll cover reasonable travel expenses and throw in some food and refreshments during the workshop too.

When you apply, make sure you select 'co-creation/workshop as how you would like to get involved.

Trigger Warning: This workshop will involve in depth discussions about self harm and how we can support people who self harm. There will be no expectation for you to share your personal experiences to the group, however the workshop may bring back memories, thoughts and experiences that may be distressing. Every step will be taken to ensure that the environment is supportive to use your experiences in a safe and positive way, however we encourage all participants to consider and prioritise your own recovery journey when taking part.
    We're Aife & Mike: the staff team here at The Mix.
    If you have any questions about this place, feel free to
    ask over in the
    Help Desk or send us a private message.

I'm really interested, but i dont know becuase i'm so maxed out with everything right now, the 28th is literally next week and its too short of a time to plan everything around that... gah sorry im so interested but i just.. its too soon

Comment

I would have love to attend but live sooo far away
      Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Thanks for the interest, both of you!

We're aware that this one might be a bit awkward for some of our folks on here as it's London based and it's happening very soon. Shame you can't make it this time, but there will probably be similar opportunities happening in the future (hopefully with a little more advanced notice!).

Mike
        ask over in the

Comment

Originally posted by The Mix View Post
          Thanks for the interest, both of you!

We're aware that this one might be a bit awkward for some of our folks on here as it's London based and it's happening very soon. Shame you can't make it this time, but there will probably be similar opportunities happening in the future (hopefully with a little more advanced notice!).

Mike

Mike, i have shown my interest with YoungMinds because im a volunteer with them too, might share my interest with you guys too.
          Just someone changing to who they really are. Jessica, now Jacob, been a big step but im sure it will be an exciting journey.

Comment

London is toooooo far from me too 😔
            'Why are you trying to fit in be born to stand out'

Comment

It's not the fact it's in London that's a problem lol. I'd travel that's fine. I have before. It's just short notice and short notice train tickets cost more and I've already planned out next week lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jess101 View Post

Mike, i have shown my interest with YoungMinds because im a volunteer with them too, might share my interest with you guys too.
                If you've already shown interest in the event with them, reckon it probably makes sense not to double up, just so people don't get confused. Great to hear you're up for getting involved though! If you go, I hope it goes well.

Mike
                ask over in the

Comment

Just an update here - this event is being pushed back a week. It is now scheduled for Wednesday 6th of December. If this date works better for anyone, you can register your interest either via the Do-it page or by emailing volunteering@themix.org.uk.

Thanks!
                  Mike
                  ask over in the

Comment

Originally posted by The Mix View Post
                    Just an update here - this event is being pushed back a week. It is now scheduled for Wednesday 6th of December. If this date works better for anyone, you can register your interest either via the https://do-it.org/opportunities/16bfcb3b-d91b-44d4-b135-4a838a811b1c&quot;]Do-it page[/URL] or by emailing volunteering@themix.org.uk.

Thanks!
                    Mike
                    Nooooo it's a placement day.
                    Ppfffttt Mike.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                    X