Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Prize draw!

We're running a prize draw here on the discussion boards! Take a look here to get involved.
2 of 3 < >

Post of The Month (August)

Meggles is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"my recent post and a comment from another user has made me realise that self care is so important.

I wanted to start a thread in the Health and Wellbeing section of the boards about self care.

Self care is provided by you, for you

I know a lot of us are struggling at the moment with different aspects of our own lives, and sometimes we get so lost in these we forget to take time for ourselves. This tread is, a Reminder to you to take time out for yourself during the difficult times.

down in the comments I would really love for people to share ideas and tips about self- care. to remind ourselves and others in the community.

My way of self care when i recognise ( or someone recognises i have neglected myself) is:

Take a walk and admire whats around me ( take as long as needed)
treat myself to a bath with a bathbomb and bubbles ( bubbles are important)
make a hot drink and just sit down with a film.

Please feel free to share your ideas!

The Mix have a guide to self-care which you can find here."
(Click for full post )
3 of 3 < >

Get involved

Fancy hosting one of our General Chats, or getting involved with the community in another way? Let us know here.
See more
See less

Time for another ranty thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was 20 minutes late for my work placement (again) today because the bloody bus was late. Nice impression!

Then got stuck in a half hour traffic jam on the way home so didn't get home til almost 5 o'clock!
    "Truely independent person who doesn't do quotes, just dates".. (29.04.17)

Comment

• So my manager walked out, apparently my team went on strike and now there's a big meeting about it tomorrow, so now we're mangerless and 7 people down, the stress is unreal
      'My worst days in recovery are better than the best days in relapse.' - Kate Le Page

Comment

• My eyes are rugby ball shaped so I have to wear glasses FFS
        Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend

Comment

• I should learn not to leave writing an essay until the night before it is due because guess what? If you get stuck there's no one who can help you😂 Ok, there's the evidence. I've learned that.

Comment

Last edited by Shaunie; 04-10-2017, 06:51 PM. Reason: All was to triggering
            The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you are not going to stay where you are

Comment

• At my mental health team appointment today I had to be checked by a metal detector in the waiting room and I nearly cried.

Comment

• This week has been the worst and I'm actually so angry at myself and certain other people.

Comment

• I hate how people who are unhappy think it's acceptable to hurt others and upset them for doing something they believe in

Comment

• Grrrrrrr.....this idea certain people seem to have that if you're not 100% in favour of an idea/persecuted community/race/political party/issue etc then you're automatically it's enemy and 100% against it.

And being a minority or persecuted group does not mean it can't ever be wrong/mistaken, or can't act in a negative way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meggles View Post
                      I hate how people who are unhappy think it's acceptable to hurt others and upset them for doing something they believe in
                      100% agree
                      'My worst days in recovery are better than the best days in relapse.' - Kate Le Page

Comment

• I've been stuck in my house for the past 3 days... have only been out twice to the shop. I think, if I don't get out soon, that I might go just a little bit crazy.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                        X