Essential support for under 25s

Post of The Month

Abigail is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hi there,

Welcome to the boards. Hope you gind it more helpful.

Its hard to find support, sorry that no one will take you to see your gp/doctor i am not sure if this is the same for you but you are aload to book doctors appointments without your parents being there and you can attend them unacccompanied.

Depression and other illness can be quite scary especially when your quite young. Do have a look round the site there are lots of useful articles and information on here.

You are not alone.

Sunday to thursday we have support chats and general chats on at 8pm till 9:30pm if you would like to join them. They are a great way to get to know people and seak support at the same time. Heres the link to the page -

Hope to see you round

(Click for full post )
See more
See less

Time for another ranty thread

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday I was surrounded by people with some weird bug and ever since I’ve been panicking that I’m gonna get it... I was like ĒSTAY AWAY FROM ME IíM EMETOPHOBICĒ😂
    Last edited by independent_; 07-03-2018, 08:24 PM.
    "Truely independent person who doesn't do quotes, just dates".. (29.04.17)

• ***PTW***
      i got a letter telling me that the PD service cant reach me through my phone and that i need to ring them to talk about support i need atm, my older sister rang them and they basically said i cant have any support atm because i am still on waiting list. Its just like then like why say will get support atm, fucking twats. i will be dead by the time i get any sort of support. i mean atleast can spend time on worthy people anyway.

is all well and good them telling me to ring someone in crisis but when iam not taken seriously and told to just have a shower in times i want to kill myself , is like omfg fuck me, of course, why the fuck did i not think a shower will suddenly make me not want to kill myself. They wonder why i never bother ringin them. never taken seriously or heard cause dont give a fuck and think i am some attention seeking prick. I mean atleast if was to kill myself i would be leaving the world heard.

its like they think no one seeks help if they want to kill themselves, like cause clearly they think an attention seeker, &if wanted tto die would, not seeking help - so wrong - seeking help may mean they have some hope but doesnt mean theyre not serious about ending their own life. I knew someone who rang a crisis line, the crisis line said they would ring back, few HOURS they rang back - by the time they rang back they had killed themselves.
      Last edited by Shaunie; 13-03-2018, 12:10 PM.
      "Recovery is my best revenge" - Carolyn Spring "Let your past make you better not bitter" - Unknown

• Today we were given maths homework and the suppoert woman I have ranted about previously decided it would be an amazing idea to email my mum and tell her I had it... when she did not do this for anyone else.

1. Hmm. Last time I checked, I was 15 not 5.
        2. I thought I could speak as well, unless Iíve been struck dumb within the last 2 minutes!!
        3. I also do not have a reputation for not bringing in homework... I always bring homework in on time so why has she suddenly decided that I donít and need parental Ďbossing around í?
        I could understand if I was always bringing in work late but Iím not.

My mum agrees with me on this but doesnít want to say anything.

• "Got a minute? Want to show you something." Aunty looked smug, but I said nothing and followed her to the drinks cabinet in the other room. Looking more smug, she pointed to the massive Abus Granit padlock and pulled her tongue out.

"Aunty dear, if I fancy a drinkie, I'll ask." I nodded at the padlock. "You didn't have to buy that. How much was it?"

"Eighty quid."

"Flipping bananas you could have spent it on something better," I chuckled. "Anyway, warded locks only make me more determined." I looked over the top of my glasses.

"Bet you a twenty you can't pick it." Badass grinned.

"Deal." We shook on it.

Eighty pounds was eighty wasted. Though the Abus was difficult, it wasn't impossible and anyway, I like a bit of a challenge. Its shackle open, I left the thug of a padlock on the cabinet and returned to my studies. Aunty's gone shopping. On return she won't be pleased, but I'm happy for earning twenty quid in two minutes flat. Perhaps I should become a locksmith instead of an historian? The career would be a joy, and the money is good.
          Say goodbye to the people who don’t want anything to do with you; they are not meant to be in your life for one reason or another. Focus on the ones who do and the ones who care.

• Why does everything thatís gonna happen to me, happen in 1 day🤔

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995