Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Christmas Quiz Wed 7-8pm

On Wednesday 13th December from 7-8pm we'll be hosting a Christmas Quiz live in The Mix chat room with loads of great prizes

More info about the quiz and the prizes up for grabs here.

We're looking for people to write and host rounds. If you're interested, make sure to send us a PM or comment on the thread linked above.
2 of 3 < >

Post of The Month

Esme17 is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey. Hope you are doing okay?

I completely understand what you mean about feeling low mainly at night. like you said, It is probably because you have nothing else you need to be doing then and so have more time to think. Is there anything you could do that makes you feel slightly happier during this time (watch a film, read etc..)?

Do you know what is making you feel this way? I know you mentioned losing your nan which must have been really hard for you and Iím very sorry to hear that!

Iím not too sure what would be best for you to do in the situation but i would say it would be best to speak to someone like your gp because they could tell you for sure if it does need looking into more and even if it didnít, it would put your mind at rest a bit? I know how hard it can be seeing someone though so just make sure you do what feels right for you.

Remember you can also always come to the board to get support and to chats as well.

Let us know how things go? Iím sorry if this didnít help at all, I think I rambled a bit but I tried...

Esme x"
(Click for full post )
3 of 3 < >

Support Circles on Sundays

We're going to be running support circles once a month on a Sunday! At the moment they run on Tuesdays, but for one of those Tuesdays, each month they will be running on a Sunday instead.

This next Sunday support circle will be on the 17th of December. If you'd like to come along, feel free to sign-up closer to the time (when we post the thread for it).
See more
See less

Moving on...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving on...

Hey everyone,

About this time four years ago, I made my debut on the boards by asking everyone what their gangster name was. A bit of a weird entrance in retrospect, but this was the moment I properly joined the community having been a volunteer on and off for 6 years (anyone remember Do-it or Lifetracks?!)

Since then it’s been an incredible journey getting to know everyone, from you old-timers to you new arrivals (and everybody in between of course ). You lot are some of the kindest, funniest, most passionate, most caring and most creative people I've known and it’s been an inspirational ride!

But, as you might have guessed by now, my journey with The Mix is about to enter a new leg as I leave the team here at the end of the month. I’ll still be around on the boards or in chat here and there, but for the most part you may not see me about that much.

The wonderful thing about this place is that you lot are in the driving seat, and as mods, we’re just along for the ride (and occasionally to be the SatNav operators ). When it comes to support, you folks can offer each other so much, and it’s been such a privilege seeing you all use your own experiences and insights to help each other through the tough times. This is the heart of the community, which I know will continue - as it always has - and that you’ll be in safe hands with Mike and Aife.

You are all amazing people, and it's your compassion, wisdom and enthusiasm that make this place so special.

Now, if you’ve gone back and read my first ever thread, you’ll soon realise that the formula I used for calculating gangsta names back then was pretty awful. So, I think it’s only right that I rectify the situation by using my last thread to improve it!

Here it is then. Using this shiny, new and hopefully more successful formula, what is your gangsta name?
    Gangster name = your favourite ice cream flavour + favourite type of shoe

Stay awesome

Pistachio slippers / JPick / James
    Critics build nothing.

Jammmeeessss dont leave
    Tough times never last, but tough people do

Comment

I can be better, I'll even let you wear different colour jumpers!

Comment

Mint choc chip converse btw

Comment

Or are you moving into mine? That's fine

Comment

Sad to see you are leaving James. Youve helped out so much and for so long. You will be missed

I wish you all the very best in what you are doing next
            Do take care

-(Sorry i cant think of my fav shoe or ice cream flavour)

Comment

JPICK You can't leave us

I just want to thank you for the past 4 years, without yours and the other mods help, I don't think I'd be where I am today.

Thank you so much for being amazing, and I wish you all the luck in the future!

~Hann

P.s - Gangster name - Vanilla Trainers
              Last edited by Hann; 21-09-2017, 05:52 PM.
              As said by Waynester Pickle - "Hann's Law, which states washing up must be done before 8:30" 22/12/14

Comment

James please dont go.

I remember when i first came to The Mix - you were absolutely incredible and helped me settle in so well. I am going to be honest and say that i had to read this twice because im shocked and upset that you are going. You have helped me so much and without The Mix i honestly don't know where i would be. I remember the first time we met was at a workshop in the offices of John Lewis, i was so so shy and you made me feel at ease and, most recently the volunteer party during the counselling online chat workshop.

It has been an absolute pleasure to know you, there have been times when i have wanted to kick you but now i see, you were making the right decisions. I am sure you will go far in whatever you wish to pursue. Good luck for the future!! *runs to buy some super glue so i can stick you to your seat in The Mix offices*

Gangster name - cookie dough converses
                Last edited by Jacob101; 21-09-2017, 06:48 PM.
                Just someone changing to who they really are. Jessica, now Jacob, been a big step but im sure it will be an exciting journey.

Comment

James sit your bum back down!! You can't leave us. you are part of the originals!!! ne of the only fragments left of thesite Going to miss you
                  Keep strong and remember who you are!

Comment

Good luck James in everything you do in the future, it will be sad to see you go. You are there for everyone and are an amazing person, kind and caring. I am sure you will be greatly missed by everyone. You have helped me so much, so thankyou. Please do come back and say hello again in the future, it will be great to see you again. Without the mods which run this site there would be no site so thankyou so putting up with everything, thankyou for always being here for everyone. Thanks James.

Gangster name= mint choc chip trainers

James thanks for everything.

Just for you:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k-7z5X0ATEc

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rCaUvj-vB3s

Comment

Sad to hear you're going, I still remember the skype interview last year (i'm pretty sure), I was nervous thinking you was gunna be this scary person haha.

Good luck on your future endeavours and I hope you have a successful career
                      Just your friendly neighbourhood Moderator ~ Always happy to help

Comment

Awwwwwww James!!! Sad to hear you're leaving! Will miss you. I remember when I first joined you were one of the first to say hi to me!

Oh, and my gangster names: by the old formula, I'd be EMac. But by the new one... I'd be Mint Choc Chip Trainor 😂😂

I wish you the best of luck!
                        "Truely independent person who doesn't do quotes, just dates".. (29.04.17)

Comment

I don't know where to start with this message. You'll be greatly missed by most people.
                          ​Always remember where you started be its equally as important to remember where you have been as well.
                          ​Keep with the music and personally I would love to hear how good you really are. No point in saying stay with us because its your time to move on and its important that you grow and adventure maybe somewhere outside of London (Come more up north maybe).

​It was a pleasure to annoy you and lyrically pranking you.
                          ​Come back and see us in a few months once you have settled.

Speak soon

​Abi
                          ​P.S I woke up saw this message and a few tears may have been shed.

Comment

Abigail i cried as well. Im sure other people have as well - The Mix is going to be wrong without you James . I still can't quite believe it to be honest.

James you need to do one or multiple chats before you go - not on a Wednesday though.
                            Last edited by Jacob101; 22-09-2017, 12:24 PM.
                            Just someone changing to who they really are. Jessica, now Jacob, been a big step but im sure it will be an exciting journey.

Comment

James man. Why you leaving us?!

We are all gonna miss you! Thank you for giving me chances and listening when I've been an utter pricks 👌

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                              X