Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Chatwee Update

Update - There's been some technical difficulties launching Chatwee onto our website so we will not be moving to Chatwee on Thursday.

As soon as we fix this issue, we'll announce another date for launching. We're really sorry for the delay in Chatwee, thanks so much for your patience.
2 of 2 < >

Post of The Month (September)

Maisy is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Shaunie,

​I care. I really relate to what you have been experiencing with the house falling apart, and things not getting fixed due to general shame of the state of the house and not knowing where to begin fixing things or who to contact (you don't want to come across rogue tradesmen). Not even having adequate heating and hot water. And clutter. Everywhere. It's horrible to live in such circumstances, I know. It's hard as well when you see everyone else living a 'normal' life and yet being unable to talk about your situation."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

Nature Photography Sharing...Get Involved!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nature Photography Sharing...Get Involved!

With World Mental Health Day being next week I wanted to start a thread where we all share photographs of nature that we have taken ourselves, and the reason behind this is because:

​We have all at one point or another in our lives struggled with our mental and emotional well-being and during these hard times it helps to take time to refocus and gain perspective. One tool you can use to do this may be right in your pocket...your camera phone! It has been proven time and again that creativity and art therapy are valuable tools for emotional wellness. Photography is one such tool that you can utilise without being professionally trained and modern technology provides easy-to-use options and now anyone can take photos — and just by taking a photo, you are taking a moment to stop and look at your environment through a new lens. This moment can be the moment that changes your day from a negative to a positive — or at least gives you a momentary distraction and calm.

​So whether on your daily commute you want to capture how the leaves are starting to turn orange, or there's a cute dog that makes you go 'aw' take a photo and share because it won't only help you but it will help others to share that moment of happiness too

​I can't wait to see all of your beautiful snaps!

​- Sunny

*please note, only nature photos are allowed on this thread, and although we are natural beings please do not include photographs of yourselves or other people*
    Last edited by SunshineSoul; 04-10-2017, 08:39 PM.

On my recent trip to Norway I captured this adorable lamb that was grazing near Haukland beach, this little guy sure put a smile on my face!
    Last edited by SunshineSoul; 04-10-2017, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Hi Sunny!

​Photography is a big love of mine, so I can't resist posting a snap.

​I agree that nature is such a big part of life and can really help us mentally, physically and spiritually so this is a great idea to get the ball rolling on the build up to World Mental Health Day​ next week!
      ​Just breathing in the air outside helps to oxygenate our brains and the sun gives us that vitamin D for a strong, healthy body!
      ​So get out and connect with Mother Earth as much as you can everyone!

​Here's a secluded lake in Sweden at the end of winter to calm your mind. There was nobody else around for miles!

​-PositiveAura

Comment

Hope this works, haven't uploaded a photo in forever lol, but this a pic from the middle of the north sea! I love how quiet and still it looks..
        'My worst days in recovery are better than the best days in relapse.' - Kate Le Page

Comment

This is a picture I keep looking at, I used to do a lot of cycling and take photos on my phone, I love this one as I feel I caught the sun at the right time so get it. Cycling used to take my mind of most things and be my escape.

I'm not a photographer though.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Moderator ~ Always happy to help

Comment

This is a photo I took from the cliffs near my house where I go to “escape” whenever I need to. It’s always so peaceful and calming here.
            Attached Files
            Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations

Comment

Rhys & Esme, dunno if it's just me but can't see your pics
              'My worst days in recovery are better than the best days in relapse.' - Kate Le Page

Comment

Originally posted by BubblesGoesBoo View Post
                Rhys & Esme, dunno if it's just me but can't see your pics
                Nope, me neither
                The boards are playing up though right now anyway, so I'll *try* and upload some pics later
                No matter how hard it will get
                We will pull always through
                ​Because I'll never forget
                ​It's the human thing to do

Comment

Originally posted by Esme17 View Post
                  This is a photo I took from the cliffs near my house where I go to “escape” whenever I need to. It’s always so peaceful and calming here.
                  That such a pretty view ❤️

Comment

Having issues with uploading images again. But this is my fav place when I'm home from uni. It's calm and peaceful and a good place for reflection

https://imgur.com/AA5fsTt

Comment

also this view on the way to my sisters old flat...she lived somewhere so peaceful
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi everyone!

These all look like such lovely places.

​It would be great to know where some of your favourite, most picturesque, tranquil places are? Even if there are not photos.

​I found that Scandinavia is so so peaceful. And of course this is because of all the nature and lack of roads in the North, reindeers everywhere.

-PositiveAura

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                        X