Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Support Circles on Sundays

Hey everyone,

We're going to be running support circles once a month on a Sunday! At the moment they run on Tuesdays, but for one of those Tuesdays, each month they will be running on a Sunday instead.

This next Sunday support circle will be on 26 November. If you'd like to come along, (sign up by completing the form here )
2 of 3 < >

Chatwee Update

Update - There's been some technical difficulties launching Chatwee onto our website so we will not be moving to Chatwee on Thursday.

As soon as we fix this issue, we'll announce another date for launching. We're really sorry for the delay in Chatwee, thanks so much for your patience.
3 of 3 < >

Post of The Month (September)

Maisy is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Shaunie,

​I care. I really relate to what you have been experiencing with the house falling apart, and things not getting fixed due to general shame of the state of the house and not knowing where to begin fixing things or who to contact (you don't want to come across rogue tradesmen). Not even having adequate heating and hot water. And clutter. Everywhere. It's horrible to live in such circumstances, I know. It's hard as well when you see everyone else living a 'normal' life and yet being unable to talk about your situation."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

Just need a bit of advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just need a bit of advice

hey guys, i know i've left it a bit late, but starting to panic now and need some advice.
    I'm seeing my cpn tomorrow and psychiatrist on tuesday, i really want to be honest with them about how much ive been struggling but i can never bring myself to do it. i was wondering if anyone had some advice to make it a bit easier? im just so scared ill end up chickening out or crying (something i never do infront of professionals) or ill get flustered about it and lose my words. i know i need to be open to get the right support, but it terrifies me, its like its my secret but soon it wont be... i dunno, im just rambling now so i'll stop...
    'My worst days in recovery are better than the best days in relapse.' - Kate Le Page

Hey BubblesGoesBoo,

Sometimes when I know I need to force myself to have a conversation, I'll bulletpoint the main things I need to say on the notes page on my phone. Then when I see the person, I'll explain I get anxious about having serious chats so have written down what I want to say... Then, you get your phone out but they can't see what you've written so you're still in control the conversation (& you still don't have to go through with it) but you have the prompt in front of you.

What do you think? You mentioned you don't cry in front of professionals, is there a reason for that? Based on my experience, they seem totally used to blubbing!

- Lucy
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend

Comment

thanks
      i might try bullet pointing some things for my next session, it all just came out jumbled up and she stopped me cause she knew i was getting stressed out. it sounds like a good idea incase i change my mind last minute, which i often do
      i dont tend to cry infront of them cause last time i did (with a different professional) its when they realised how bad things had got so they sectioned me again, so i guess ive just made the link between crying and getting sectioned
      'My worst days in recovery are better than the best days in relapse.' - Kate Le Page

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
      X