Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Prize draw!

We're running a prize draw here on the discussion boards! Take a look here to get involved.
2 of 3 < >

Post of The Month (August)

Meggles is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"my recent post and a comment from another user has made me realise that self care is so important.

I wanted to start a thread in the Health and Wellbeing section of the boards about self care.

Self care is provided by you, for you

I know a lot of us are struggling at the moment with different aspects of our own lives, and sometimes we get so lost in these we forget to take time for ourselves. This tread is, a Reminder to you to take time out for yourself during the difficult times.

down in the comments I would really love for people to share ideas and tips about self- care. to remind ourselves and others in the community.

My way of self care when i recognise ( or someone recognises i have neglected myself) is:

Take a walk and admire whats around me ( take as long as needed)
treat myself to a bath with a bathbomb and bubbles ( bubbles are important)
make a hot drink and just sit down with a film.

Please feel free to share your ideas!

The Mix have a guide to self-care which you can find here."
(Click for full post )
3 of 3 < >

Get involved

Fancy hosting one of our General Chats, or getting involved with the community in another way? Let us know here.
See more
See less

Chats tonight (Tuesday 01/08/2017)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chats tonight (Tuesday 01/08/2017)

Hey all (how is it August already?!)

Tonight's chats are:

Women &amp; Men-only Chats: Places to talk about anything on your mind in a safe, supportive environment with people of a similar gender identity. Anyone is welcome to attend the room they identify with most at the time. For any of you non-binary folks out there, you're welcome in whichever space you're most comfortable.

Alice and Amy will be modding Women-only, and I'll be modding Men-only.

General Chat: A place for more light-hearted chat about pretty much anything be it TV, music, the weather, that hilarious video you saw on YouTube etc. James will be modding and as of right now, we don't have a host so it may end up being a regular GC.

We've been having a few issues with chat recently, so there will be a password for all chat rooms tonight. The password will be PolyjuicePotion (Support Circle will have a separate one).

You can find the 'join' links on this page from 8pm.

Have a good one!

Mike
    We're Aife & Mike: the staff team here at The Mix.
    If you have any questions about this place, feel free to
    ask over in the
    Help Desk or send us a private message.

Whats next Fang?

Comment

Hoping its a normal GC - i prefer them
      'Mental health is not a not a destination but a process. It's about how you drive and not where you're going'

Comment

Same Jess.

Comment

Same here 🙋 perfer normal gc
          'Why are you trying to fit in be born to stand out'

Comment

I like the host idea on a tuesdays- it's something fun and different
            Keep strong and remember who you are!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys.

We're still in a sort of 'trial period' for the new GC at the moment so nothing is set in stone and there might be some changes to the way they work. Soon, we'll be looking at how they've been going and thinking about what we might be able to improve.

For now, though, we'll stick to having these new hosted sessions once a week.

Mike
              We're Aife & Mike: the staff team here at The Mix.
              If you have any questions about this place, feel free to
              ask over in the
              Help Desk or send us a private message.

Comment

I've never been to one of the hosted chats for more than a few minutes but I think they're a nice idea
                "Truely independent person who doesn't do quotes, just dates".. (29.04.17)

Comment

I don't really enjoyed the new GC chats. GC is fine as it is

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                  X