Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Prize draw!

We're running a prize draw here on the discussion boards! Take a look here to get involved.
2 of 3 < >

Post of The Month (August)

Meggles is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"my recent post and a comment from another user has made me realise that self care is so important.

I wanted to start a thread in the Health and Wellbeing section of the boards about self care.

Self care is provided by you, for you

I know a lot of us are struggling at the moment with different aspects of our own lives, and sometimes we get so lost in these we forget to take time for ourselves. This tread is, a Reminder to you to take time out for yourself during the difficult times.

down in the comments I would really love for people to share ideas and tips about self- care. to remind ourselves and others in the community.

My way of self care when i recognise ( or someone recognises i have neglected myself) is:

Take a walk and admire whats around me ( take as long as needed)
treat myself to a bath with a bathbomb and bubbles ( bubbles are important)
make a hot drink and just sit down with a film.

Please feel free to share your ideas!

The Mix have a guide to self-care which you can find here."
(Click for full post )
3 of 3 < >

Get involved

Fancy hosting one of our General Chats, or getting involved with the community in another way? Let us know here.
See more
See less

Chats Tonight (Sunday 06/08/2017)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chats Tonight (Sunday 06/08/2017)

Heyy everyone!

Support chat and general chat are running tonight, both from 8-9:30pm.

Support chat: A place to talk about anything on your mind in a safe, supportive environment. Aife and Charlotte will be modding.

General chat: A place for more light-hearted chat about pretty much anything be it TV, music, the weather, that hilarious video you saw on YouTube etc. Leanne will be modding.

We've been having a few issues with chat recently, so there will be a password for both rooms tonight. The password will be Norbert.

You can find the 'join' links on this page from 8pm.

Have a good one.

- Aife
    We're Aife & Mike: the staff team here at The Mix.
    If you have any questions about this place, feel free to
    ask over in the
    Help Desk or send us a private message.

(#Team J) with Aife and charlotte modding thats a bit out.
    Sorry Aife i know you copyed pasted that from thursday chat

Comment

Originally posted by Abigail View Post
      (#Team J) with Aife and charlotte modding thats a bit out.
      Sorry Aife i know you copyed pasted that from thursday chat

Haa oops! Thanks Abi

Comment

whayyyyyyyy finally a simple password that i can actually spell

Comment

Meggles I know it could be worse Knockturn Alley and Marauders map

Comment

Originally posted by Abigail View Post
            Meggles I know it could be worse Knockturn Alley and Marauders map

shh dont give them ideas haha

Comment

Woo!! I can spell that.
              "Truely independent person who doesn't do quotes, just dates".. (29.04.17)

Comment

'Mental health is not a not a destination but a process. It's about how you drive and not where you're going'

Comment

I really enjoyed tonight's chat and closing round

I'm sitting here winding down and doing some work with some chilled music on in the background. I also made myself some lemon and ginger tea (Twinings).

After getting some encouragement from Meggles and Aife I've finally decided try my golden egg bath bomb from Lush tomorrow ahaha

Comment

i went and used one of my bathbomb after chat and it was fantastic and helped me wind down! hope you enjoy your bathbomb tomorrow Salix alba

Comment

Originally posted by Salix alba View Post
                      I really enjoyed tonight's chat and closing round

I'm sitting here winding down and doing some work with some chilled music on in the background. I also made myself some lemon and ginger tea (Twinings).

After getting some encouragement from Meggles and Aife I've finally decided try my golden egg bath bomb from Lush tomorrow ahaha
                      That's great to hear you enjoyed chat last night Salix alba I hope you enjoy your amazing golden egg bath bomb today!

Originally posted by Meggles
                      i went and used one of my bathbomb after chat and it was fantastic and helped me wind down! hope you enjoy your bathbomb tomorrow Salix alba
                      That's lovely Meggles, bathbombs are the best! Thanks so much for doing closing round, it was a great question

All the best,

- Aife

Comment

You need a themix party at lush 👌

Comment

Originally posted by Meggles View Post
                          You need a themix party at lush 👌

THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!

I want to go to the biggest Lush store and just sniff EVERYTHING

Comment

Originally posted by Salix alba View Post

THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!

I want to go to the biggest Lush store and just sniff EVERYTHING
                            Oxford Street lush is fab for that i like it when they show you the bathbomb in the water and you get to play with them

@TheMix Christmas party for community users in lush please?

Comment

I have 2 bathbombs that have been sitting around for ages... you lot are making me finally want to use them hahaaha!
                              "Truely independent person who doesn't do quotes, just dates".. (29.04.17)

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                              X