Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Expert chat: Enthusiastic Consent & Conditional Consent (Wed 21st February)

Hey everyone!

On Wednesday 21st Feb at 6.30pm, Sarah our expert, will be running an expert chat about Enthusiastic Consent and Conditional Consent.

Sarah is the co-founder of Scarlet Ladies, a community of women with the aim to destigmatise and normalise the conversation around female sexuality.

Suffering from post traumatic stress disorder after experiencing a number of traumas, including rape, Sarah is reclaiming her body by engaging in bodybuilding and powerlifting. Taking back control of her sexuality, she is currently remaining abstinent. Working and campaigning with other women for the sexual empowerment of women has been an integral part of her healing journey.

Come along and join us! Find out more here
2 of 4 < >

Vanilla features: have your say

As we move to our new boards software, Vanilla, we'll have a few new features at our disposal. We're keen to hear what you all think about them, so head here to have your say over how we'll use (or not use) some of the new features. Fill out the form before Wednesday the 21st to tell us your thoughts and have the option of joining our testing team!
3 of 4 < >

The Great Boards Migration

Great news! We're moving to new discussion boards software. Head here for the full announcement.
4 of 4 < >

Post of The Month

One-in-a-million is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Just a bit of fun here if you could create an advent calendar what would you put in it and why.

For me you would still get chocolate 😆😆
But inside each door is a task for the day. Something that includes you helping/talking to others, doing something festive and spreading Christmas cheer
For example

1. Tell your parents/carers you love them
2. Say hello when passing an OAP (that might be the only thing someone says to them all week)
3. Watch a Christmas movie
4. Help someone in need e.g put some spare change in a charity box, buy a warm drink for the homeless person who sits on the corner, dothe washing up ha ha ha😂
5 make hot chocolate
6. Visit your grandparents (if you donít already) They will more than likely love to see you.
7. Sing a Christmas song with a friend
8. Dress up in something Christmasy when you do your shopping.

You get the idea 😂😉 my reason for this is to get people in the mood and understand what Christmas actually means.

What would yours have and why."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

Support Circle (Tuesday 14/11/2017)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support Circle (Tuesday 14/11/2017)

Hey everyone!

The next Support Circle will be Tuesday 14 November, 8-9.30pm with the wonderful Helenmelon.

What is Support Circle?

For anyone who doesn't know, a support circle chat follows the same basic structure as a standard support chat session - opening round, support time, and closing round. Everyone that signs up will have their own time to chat and be heard by the group, and have their chance to listen and support others.

Why go to Support Circle?

It's a great space for people who find it difficult to get their voices heard in regular support chat and/or are keen to listen and support others in a more structured environment. We have places for both people who want to come and get support or be listeners and support others.

Places are limited, so sign up using the form below and we will contact you via private message to confirm your place.

If you don't have a boards account, please let us know your email address so we can contact you. If you do have a boards account, please let us know your username.

- Vidhya

We're Aife, Mike and Emma: the staff team here at The Mix.
    While we can't offer support via this account, if you have any questions about this place, feel free to
    ask over in the
    Help Desk or send us a private message.

Do I need to sign up for this or am I good because there wasn't space for me this week?

Comment

Originally posted by Meggles View Post
      Do I need to sign up for this or am I good because there wasn't space for me this week?

​Hey Meggles, great question! We've reserved you a place for next week so no need to sign up

- Aife
      While we can't offer support via this account, if you have any questions about this place, feel free to
      ask over in the

Comment

I have signed up.

Comment

Done
          'My worst days in recovery are better than the best days in relapse.' - Kate Le Page

Comment

Originally posted by The Mix View Post

​Hey Meggles, great question! We've reserved you a place for next week so no need to sign up

- Aife
            Fab because im lazy

Comment

Hey everyone,

Thanks for signing up to support circle this evening. You should all now have a PM/email from us with the login details for tonight's session. Kesh13 we can't find a boards account for you so if you see this message, could you send us a PM and we can let you know the details for tonight's session too.

All the best,

- Aife
              ask over in the

Comment

The Mix Aife Mike the password was incorrect. there was no capital letter like we were given, just a heads up

Comment

Hey Meggles I'm really sorry about the password typo last night. That was my fault! Glad to there that you got in okay after a while. Thanks for posting on the boards to let everyone else know too.

- Aife
                  ask over in the

Comment

Originally posted by The Mix View Post
                    Hey Meggles I'm really sorry about the password typo last night. That was my fault! Glad to there that you got in okay after a while. Thanks for posting on the boards to let everyone else know too.

- Aife
                    Higgy asked me to post it but welcomes! Stop watch Gilmore girls when you suppose to be working next time
                    Im joking

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                    X