Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Christmas Quiz Wed 7-8pm

On Wednesday 13th December from 7-8pm we'll be hosting a Christmas Quiz live in The Mix chat room with loads of great prizes

More info about the quiz and the prizes up for grabs here.

We're looking for people to write and host rounds. If you're interested, make sure to send us a PM or comment on the thread linked above.
2 of 3 < >

Post of The Month

Esme17 is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey. Hope you are doing okay?

I completely understand what you mean about feeling low mainly at night. like you said, It is probably because you have nothing else you need to be doing then and so have more time to think. Is there anything you could do that makes you feel slightly happier during this time (watch a film, read etc..)?

Do you know what is making you feel this way? I know you mentioned losing your nan which must have been really hard for you and Iím very sorry to hear that!

Iím not too sure what would be best for you to do in the situation but i would say it would be best to speak to someone like your gp because they could tell you for sure if it does need looking into more and even if it didnít, it would put your mind at rest a bit? I know how hard it can be seeing someone though so just make sure you do what feels right for you.

Remember you can also always come to the board to get support and to chats as well.

Let us know how things go? Iím sorry if this didnít help at all, I think I rambled a bit but I tried...

Esme x"
(Click for full post )
3 of 3 < >

Support Circles on Sundays

We're going to be running support circles once a month on a Sunday! At the moment they run on Tuesdays, but for one of those Tuesdays, each month they will be running on a Sunday instead.

This next Sunday support circle will be on the 17th of December. If you'd like to come along, feel free to sign-up closer to the time (when we post the thread for it).
See more
See less

Chats tonight (Wednesday 06/12/2017)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Princesa View Post

Yes.

For those of you who have Edge or IE as your default browser, you could still download Firefox Quantum (their latest, very fast, similar to Google Chrome) to access the new chat (saving its URL to access it once you've downloaded), and leaving it on your phone/computer for chat use only.

For computers: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

For Mobiles: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/mobile/
    Thank you Princesa!

Mike
    We're Aife & Mike: the staff team here at The Mix.
    If you have any questions about this place, feel free to
    ask over in the
    Help Desk or send us a private message.

Comment

Originally posted by Jellyelephant View Post
      I am not going to be signing up for an account because you have to give your email address. I dont want people to have my full name. I want to enter confidentially so is it cool if i just come as a guest?
      I just realised the exactly the same thing about half an hour ago! I was going to ask here why we have to put our email address in to make an account for chat but then thought nah wasent going to ask but then saw your comment and wanted to say that you could make up an email address and then sign up for chat if you dont already have any other email addresses. Its very quick and easy to make an email address ☺
      'Why are you trying to fit in be born to stand out'

Comment

Originally posted by Lostsense View Post

I just realised the exactly the same thing about half an hour ago! I was going to ask here why we have to put our email address in to make an account for chat but then thought nah wasent going to ask but then saw your comment and wanted to say that you could make up an email address and then sign up for chat if you dont already have any other email addresses. Its very quick and easy to make an email address ☺
        Yep! Great point, Lostsense. You can also use a burner email address (a temporary one) if you like, which you don't need to register anything for. Maildropcc is one option - just register with the address they give you.

Mike
        We're Aife & Mike: the staff team here at The Mix.
        If you have any questions about this place, feel free to
        ask over in the
        Help Desk or send us a private message.

Comment

Will the account I registered still work? Guess we'll soon find out!
          "Truely independent person who doesn't do quotes, just dates".. (29.04.17)

Comment

Looking like its not going to work for me and my laptop which is a shame, hope its working for everyone else at least
            "Weave me a rope that will pull me through these impossible times"
            ~ Tim Finn

- LAINE

Comment

Well,

tried several browsers and none of which has seemed to work so not quite sure what's gone on

but looks like chat is no go for me hopefully at least just for tonight x
              "Weave me a rope that will pull me through these impossible times"
              ~ Tim Finn

- LAINE

Comment

oh what fun the chat was!
                The greatest female power is empathy to create relationships on a personal level. It's better for a woman to come across as more nurturing, more warm, and that is going to lend more success to her than for a man doing the same thing.

Comment

It's stopped loading for me at the mo lol stupid BT!

Comment

Originally posted by independent_ View Post
                    It's stopped loading for me at the mo lol stupid BT!
                    Did you get it back up again, Eleanor?
                    The greatest female power is empathy to create relationships on a personal level. It's better for a woman to come across as more nurturing, more warm, and that is going to lend more success to her than for a man doing the same thing.

Comment

Did you get it back up again, Eleanor?
                      Nah the join buttons disappeared at 9:30!

Comment

Nah the join buttons disappeared at 9:30!
                        That's a bummer. Maybs next time you'll have more success!

Comment

That's a bummer. Maybs next time you'll have more success!
                          I cba revising tonight so will try it on my laptop!

Comment

I cba revising tonight so will try it on my laptop!
                            Hi Eleanor

Phones are handy, but their screens are rather small. I think using your laptop for new chat will give more joy and less frustration. Your laptop's larger screen also means seeing larger font and you'll see the whole of the new chat.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                            X