Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse

Post of The Month

Jellyelephant is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Abi,

Please don't be sorry. Have you ever heard of the phrase "You can't pour from an empty cup"? I feel like this applies here. You need to look after yourself before you can start caring for other people. I know you know all about self care so I won't go on, but try and practise it a little, the way you encourage others to. It's great that you have other skills too, I know music is one of your passions in life and hopefully by studying it that can help you get to where you want to be. Take all the time you need, you don't have to support people in SC all of the time - chat is there to support you too when you are going through difficult times.

Take care of yourself

Jelly x"
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

Chat break week (8th-15th of January)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat break week (8th-15th of January)

Hey all

It's that time again! Our next chat break week is fast approaching. If you've joined us recently, you're probably wondering what the hell we're talking about.

What is a 'chat break week'?

Some of you will already know this, but for those of you who don't: roughly three times a year, we have a week where we take a break from running group chat sessions.

We use these periods as a chance to gather your feedback, review it as a team, and see if there are any changes we can make to the way group chat is currently run. We also use them as a chance to get more specific feedback on any projects we're working on - a good example of this is when we asked you guys what you thought of the chat guidelines and our new Tuesday GC during our last break in September. You can find the results for those here and here.

When do they happen?

Typically, these happen once in January, April, and August.

The next chat break will be the week of the 8th of January (returning the following Monday).

What will we be doing for this one?

We haven't decided yet, but once we're a bit closer to the time we'll let everyone know in this thread. Stay tuned!

Cheers everyone,
    Mike & the team
    We're Aife, Mike and Emma: the staff team here at The Mix.
    If you have any questions about this place, feel free to
    ask over in the
    Help Desk or send us a private message.

I feel a chat break is good because you staff need a break to refresh, and we who have been helped and supported can spend time going to work on the advice you guys gave. Also, holiday times are often during those months mentioned.

"Seconds of your life are ticking away. If someone says that there's a rule - break it! That's the only thing that moves things forward."
    -Hans Zimmer.

Comment

This might actually mean I get some studying done for my Prelims the week after... but at the same time no chat

But anyway thanks for letting us all know 😊😊
      "Truely independent person who doesn't do quotes, just dates".. (29.04.17)

Comment

I swear the last one was only like a month ago oh well, guess it'll give me time to do some writing
        'My worst days in recovery are better than the best days in relapse.' - Kate Le Page

Comment

I wonít feel lost what to do this time cause Iíll be traveling then! Wonít have the company of you guys when waiting at the airport to board the plane though
          Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations

Comment

Originally posted by Esme17 View Post
            I won’t feel lost what to do this time cause I’ll be traveling then! Won’t have the company of you guys when waiting at the airport to board the plane though
            You could do because airports have a dedicated Wifi. The one you will be flying from does and is very good.
            "Seconds of your life are ticking away. If someone says that there's a rule - break it! That's the only thing that moves things forward."
            -Hans Zimmer.

Comment

Hey everyone, just a friendly reminder that it's chat break week this week so we won't be running any chats until Monday 15th January 2018.

- Aife
              We're Aife, Mike and Emma: the staff team here at The Mix.
              If you have any questions about this place, feel free to
              ask over in the
              Help Desk or send us a private message.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
              X