Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Stepfinder App Testing

We've just released our new StepFinder app and it's now available on Android devices. We'd love some help testing it out to hear your feedback before it's released to the public.

Date: Tuesday 24th April 2018 from 6.30pm to 8pm

If you have an Android device and would like to help test out the app, you can sign up here
2 of 4 < >

Vanilla Survey Results

It's been a few months since we announced our exciting move to the new boards software Vanilla.

Back in February, we asked you to complete a survey so we could hear what you thought about some potential features and changes that Vanilla can offer. We also sent this survey out to our boards volunteers.

You can read all about the results here
3 of 4 < >

Post of The Month

Shaunie is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Novocaine

This sounds really difficuly and scary. Sorry youre going through such a hard time im glad youre getting some sort of help. Experimental therapies sounds good. I hope youre taking good care of yourself aswell and doing things you enjoy and doing small things that could make you feel better like nice relaxing bath.

Mindfullness and grounding technics can be really helpful. In times where i felt disassociated i would be vaguely suggested to stay midful and present in the here and now. Which can help your concentration aswell. Like even picking up something around you & noticing how that feels & what is around you helps to be less in a dream state of mind. Loking at everything in details & concetrating on your breathing. I know its quite hard to rememeber to do in times of high anxiety but it doesnt need to just be when you get to that point. Can be any time of the day just to help you feel better and get in rountine of doing it & remembering

Its also okay to not know what you want to do after school. Even people who seem to know what they want - end up not wanting it and alll can take some time to know and feel better and that is okay too, youre on your own lil journey. But there is always hope

Take care"
(Click for full post )
4 of 4 < >

Support Circles

We run Support Circle chats on Tuesdays and Sundays.

Support Circle is a small group chat for no more than 10 people. Take it in turns to talk about whatever is on your mind or sign up as a listener if you enjoy helping others. To find out more and sign up for a place (click here)

Places are limited so make sure to sign up quickly!
See more
See less

Easter Quiz! (Tuesday 17/04/2018)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easter Quiz! (Tuesday 17/04/2018)

Hey everyone,

Hopefully you've seen our thread about chat break week. If not, go read that, then read this.

On Tuesday the 17th of April at 7pm, it'll be time for the...

EASTER QUIZ!

Those of you who have been here for a few months will have a rough idea of how these quizes usually work. For our newer community members, here's a breakdown.

They run from 7-8pm during chat break weeks. We typically have three rounds of ten questions, each lasting about 20 minutes. The winner of each question is the first one to call out the correct answer. The rounds for this quiz will be:
    1. Entertainment
    2. The Mix trivia
    3. Open slot (pick your subject!)
    We invite you folks to write these rounds for us, and even host them if you'd like to. Hosting just means being the person to ask the questions for your round and picking a winner for each one. If you're not keen on this idea, the moderator can do it.

There will be prizes for the winner of each round, as well as the overall winner of the quiz. We'll also give our round writers a little something for being awesome.

Prizes
    The prizes up for grabs are...

1) Hired, Fired, Fled: One Man's Global Quest To Beat The Rat Race (Amazon link)

2) Case Logic SnapView ipadAir case in green (Amazon link)

3) The Best of TV & Movies Board Game (Amazon link)

If you're interested in writing a round for us, you automatically get a set of The Mix merchandise, which comes with a Sanctuary Spa gift set. The overall winner will also get one of these, on top of their other prize(s).

If you'd like to get get involved and write a round, drop us a PM or post below.

Aife & Mike
    We're Aife & Mike: the staff team here at The Mix.
    While we can't offer support via this account, if you have any questions about this place, feel free to
    ask over in the
    Help Desk or send us a private message.

Can I write the open round please even though I carnt make it ?
    Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Of course Gracey_! We'd love to have you write the open slot round! I'll send you a PM

- Aife
      While we can't offer support via this account, if you have any questions about this place, feel free to
      ask over in the

Comment

Hey everyone!

We're still looking for 2 more round writers and hosts! If you're interested comment below or send us a PM!

- Aife
        ask over in the

Comment

I could probably write one but I won't be able to do anything till tomorrow afternoon.
          I am human, I fight through the pain to allow the ones I love to continue to live a fulfilling life.

Comment

Hey Abigail aw that's amazing, thank you! Tomorrow sounds perfect! I'll send you a PM

- Aife
            ask over in the

Comment

Nooo I wanted to write the open slot

Comment

Hey Jellyelephant

Aw we've still got the entertainment round left if you'd like to write that one? Maybe you can throw in a few extra open themed questions to that round too?

- Aife
                ask over in the

Comment

Originally posted by The Mix View Post
                  Hey Jellyelephant

Aw we've still got the entertainment round left if you'd like to write that one? Maybe you can throw in a few extra open themed questions to that round too?

- Aife

do you still need a round writer?
                  Keep strong and remember who you are!

Comment

Originally posted by louisa982 View Post

do you still need a round writer?
                    We're all good for now Louisa, but thank you.

Mike
                    ask over in the

Comment

Just a reminder that this is happening tonight, 7-8pm.

Mike
                      ask over in the

Comment

We're open!

Mike
                        ask over in the

Comment

Thanks to everyone who came along to this! We'll be in touch with the winners to sort out prizes.

Mike
                          ask over in the

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                          X