Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Prize draw!

We're running a prize draw here on the discussion boards! Take a look here to get involved.
2 of 3 < >

Post of The Month (August)

Meggles is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"my recent post and a comment from another user has made me realise that self care is so important.

I wanted to start a thread in the Health and Wellbeing section of the boards about self care.

Self care is provided by you, for you

I know a lot of us are struggling at the moment with different aspects of our own lives, and sometimes we get so lost in these we forget to take time for ourselves. This tread is, a Reminder to you to take time out for yourself during the difficult times.

down in the comments I would really love for people to share ideas and tips about self- care. to remind ourselves and others in the community.

My way of self care when i recognise ( or someone recognises i have neglected myself) is:

Take a walk and admire whats around me ( take as long as needed)
treat myself to a bath with a bathbomb and bubbles ( bubbles are important)
make a hot drink and just sit down with a film.

Please feel free to share your ideas!

The Mix have a guide to self-care which you can find here."
(Click for full post )
3 of 3 < >

Get involved

Fancy hosting one of our General Chats, or getting involved with the community in another way? Let us know here.
See more
See less

Election quiz - which party represents you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had a change of mind. If I could vote, I'd vote labour. As much as I think we need a change of the system, I'm not sure the country is ready yet, but labour might get us there after a few terms.
    "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so"- Hamlet

Comment

Originally posted by Aidan View Post
      I've had a change of mind. If I could vote, I'd vote labour. As much as I think we need a change of the system, I'm not sure the country is ready yet, but labour might get us there after a few terms.
      I presume you are under 18 then. That's a shame. When you do get the chance to vote, please do so. It may feel that none of the parties represent you, and that's true to a degree, but also entirely understandable - political parties want votes to get into power, so they are going to go after demographics that are most likely to vote, and at present that is the young. The more young people vote, the more they will have to listen to the young.

Besides being on the electoral roll helps your credit rating.
      Doves, Playboys, Biscuits, Barrels, Callies, Clear Caps, China Whites, Rhubarbs, Loony Toons, New Yorkers... you know, bang on, larging it, the full monty, safe as houses, pair of trousers, what a laugh, let's do another half!

Comment

Originally posted by Skive View Post
        Besides being on the electoral roll helps your credit rating.
        I didn't know that, how cool. Perks!
        "Every day begins with an act of courage and hope: getting out of bed." - Mason Cooley

Comment

Anybody watching the TV debate right now?
          Doves, Playboys, Biscuits, Barrels, Callies, Clear Caps, China Whites, Rhubarbs, Loony Toons, New Yorkers... you know, bang on, larging it, the full monty, safe as houses, pair of trousers, what a laugh, let's do another half!

Comment

So, how many debates has the PM been a no-show to now then? Her excuse is that she says squabbling polticians will change nothing, but that's all politics ever was anyway. Pathetic.
            "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so"- Hamlet

Comment

Just me not going to vote then 😂
              The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you are not going to stay where you are

Comment

I have defected from the Liberal Democrats to Labour. I would not be too upset if Theresa May and her party won, it's just such a shame for the NHS etc. and cuts to welfare and I will be affected but she seems strong and I feel like she means business, unlike Jeremy Corbyn who is a little salty for me, if that makes sense as a leader? I have read the full document based on disabilities and as I am disabled the Labour party represent me the best - it's all about what you believe in and what affects you.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaunie View Post
                  Just me not going to vote then 😂
                  You shouldn't be proud of that - women died so that you could have the opportunity to vote. We have the chance to have our say on things that really affect us and our lives and you are not going to take it? Voting turnout for young people is really low - we could really make a difference if we all turned up and had our voice heard. It's not funny or a joke. This is our country.

Comment

They lie.
                    The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you are not going to stay where you are

Comment

How do you know what you are voting for.

Comment

Last edited by Shaunie; 08-06-2017, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jellyelephant View Post
                          You shouldn't be proud of that - women died so that you could have the opportunity to vote. We have the chance to have our say on things that really affect us and our lives and you are not going to take it? Voting turnout for young people is really low - we could really make a difference if we all turned up and had our voice heard. It's not funny or a joke. This is our country.
                          I get you now. after speaking to my sister's last nigbt to vote labour.
                          I'm really un educated -Sorry! :/

I've just woke upinhospital but i dont think ill make it by 10pm or whatever the time is to do it by- is there a way I can get someone else to do it for me????? Anyone know

Comment

Oh there is nevermind

Comment

Originally posted by Shaunie View Post
                              I get you now. after speaking to my sister's last nigbt to vote labour.
                              I'm really un educated -Sorry! :/

I've just woke upinhospital but i dont think ill make it by 10pm or whatever the time is to do it by- is there a way I can get someone else to do it for me????? Anyone know
                              Hey Shaunie,

Sorry to hear that you're in hospital - hope things aren't too bad?

Looks like you've got there already, but you can apply for an emergency proxy vote if you'd like someone else to vote for you
                              In case you need it, there's some info on how to do that here. Note that the person voting for you would need to get to the polling station before 5pm today

Good luck!

James
                              Critics build nothing.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                              X