Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Christmas Quiz Wed 7-8pm

On Wednesday 13th December from 7-8pm we'll be hosting a Christmas Quiz live in The Mix chat room with loads of great prizes

More info about the quiz and the prizes up for grabs here.

We're looking for people to write and host rounds. If you're interested, make sure to send us a PM or comment on the thread linked above.
2 of 3 < >

Post of The Month

Esme17 is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey. Hope you are doing okay?

I completely understand what you mean about feeling low mainly at night. like you said, It is probably because you have nothing else you need to be doing then and so have more time to think. Is there anything you could do that makes you feel slightly happier during this time (watch a film, read etc..)?

Do you know what is making you feel this way? I know you mentioned losing your nan which must have been really hard for you and Iím very sorry to hear that!

Iím not too sure what would be best for you to do in the situation but i would say it would be best to speak to someone like your gp because they could tell you for sure if it does need looking into more and even if it didnít, it would put your mind at rest a bit? I know how hard it can be seeing someone though so just make sure you do what feels right for you.

Remember you can also always come to the board to get support and to chats as well.

Let us know how things go? Iím sorry if this didnít help at all, I think I rambled a bit but I tried...

Esme x"
(Click for full post )
3 of 3 < >

Support Circles on Sundays

We're going to be running support circles once a month on a Sunday! At the moment they run on Tuesdays, but for one of those Tuesdays, each month they will be running on a Sunday instead.

This next Sunday support circle will be on the 17th of December. If you'd like to come along, feel free to sign-up closer to the time (when we post the thread for it).
See more
See less

What happeneds if the nhs goes bankrupt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happeneds if the nhs goes bankrupt

So the election is tomorrow and to be honest I don't fully understand politics or who's doing what. I've always been taught that labour is for the working class family. So it's always seemed to be the best option and from what I've heard from Treaser May. I'm definitely voting labour again as I don't agree with things she has said.

But anyway each year the NHS struggles more and more and I'm worried about what will happen should the NHS go bankrupt. If we have to start paying for health care there are going to be a lot of people who won't go to the hospital or doctors when ill as they can't afford it.

I was reading an article the other day about having children in the USA and it is so expensive to ensure the baby is developing right, to have all the checks and in the end give birth. I can't remember the amount but it was thousands! Just to have a baby. What about cancer treatments and life saving tests. Theses could also cost hundreds in the end. But like many people who has the extra £100 lying around?? I don't. I'm not saying it will happen but what if it does? How do we adapt?

I'm worried about this. And this is why I'd vote labour if I could vote.

I read something about what would have happened to the families of the Manchester attack victims, if it had happened in the US (with private healthcare). Medical costs would have easily reached tens of thousands, even hundreds of thousands for some. And this would have to be paid, regardless of whether the person survived or not. Imagine the pain of losing someone you love, and then having to sell your house and all of your belongings to pay the NHS for keeping them alive for a few more hours.

I never really trust politicians to keep their word, but labour better. Because they've had the boldest and best ideas I've heard from a party in my lifetime. I just hope that the promised £30bn from labour is enough to save the NHS, seeing as the conservatives would only give the NHS 1/3 as much.
    Tough times never last, but tough people do

Comment

Thanks for replying Aidan I voted Labour today. It's true what you say they all break promises but we just have to hope that they are going to do their beat for us. If the NHS became private then I'd struggle. I'm young and while I'm thinking about moving out I can't afford it yet. But imagine I move out and manage to scrape by but have a horrible accident and can't afford the treatment needed? Or I pay for the treatment but left with nothing. I like all of us rely on the NHS. I wouldn't have had my diagnosis of epilepsy if I had to pay thousands for the tests.

I'll be honest if it means keeping the NHS I don't mind paying that little extra tax if needed.

We can't keep lying to ourselves Britain is struggling to keep the NHS going as it is. And while I'm not racist at all and like to help others, it time we asked ourselves "can we really afford to keep send all this money to other countries?" As I say I'm all for helping others but we need to look out for ourselves first.

How much longer till you can vote?

Comment

As long as their are still sick and homeless and impoverished people in this country, I don't think we should be sending tax money abroad. Charity money, of course, but not tax money.

I can vote in the next general election! Hopefully. I turn 18 in september.

I hve no idea how much my psychiatric help would cost if the NHS was privatized. Chances are I couldn't afford it. Even if I could, I'd be mentally in a worse place for it. We need our healthcare. It's a basic beed. I'm pretty sure it's a human right too. Is it humane to deny the poorer (majority of) people potentially life-saving treatment? Of course not.
        Tough times never last, but tough people do

Comment

if the NHS becomes privatised. those who voted tories can bloody pay my medical bills. just saying. yeh id pay more tax to keep it going, but like theres no way i can pay for the appointments and shit i need for my joint and muscle issues.

Comment

Sorry I haven't replied sorry to hear about your medical problems evie. Not sure what will happen now it's gone to hung parliament

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
            X