Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Prize draw!

We're running a prize draw here on the discussion boards! Take a look here to get involved.
2 of 3 < >

Post of The Month (August)

Meggles is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"my recent post and a comment from another user has made me realise that self care is so important.

I wanted to start a thread in the Health and Wellbeing section of the boards about self care.

Self care is provided by you, for you

I know a lot of us are struggling at the moment with different aspects of our own lives, and sometimes we get so lost in these we forget to take time for ourselves. This tread is, a Reminder to you to take time out for yourself during the difficult times.

down in the comments I would really love for people to share ideas and tips about self- care. to remind ourselves and others in the community.

My way of self care when i recognise ( or someone recognises i have neglected myself) is:

Take a walk and admire whats around me ( take as long as needed)
treat myself to a bath with a bathbomb and bubbles ( bubbles are important)
make a hot drink and just sit down with a film.

Please feel free to share your ideas!

The Mix have a guide to self-care which you can find here."
(Click for full post )
3 of 3 < >

Get involved

Fancy hosting one of our General Chats, or getting involved with the community in another way? Let us know here.
See more
See less

Guilty until proven innocent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guilty until proven innocent

If accusations you make are true then ok...but if they are not you could get a few years in prison https://www.metro.news/10-years-for-...d-rape/721881/

Ooh, crikey. What a case.

This really got me:

‘Cases such as this bring a real risk that a woman who has been raped or sexually assaulted may not complain to the police for fear of not being believed,’ Judge Nicholas Loraine-Smith said as he sentenced her.
    And where one of the men said the trial had ruined his life:

Mr Cassim, 37, overturned his conviction — having served two years and nine months — after police noticed flaws in Beale’s later allegations and began investigating her.

He told her trial she ruined his life but he now wanted to ‘have a nice family and be happy’, adding: ‘I am working on the happiness — I have a long way to go.’
    I do wonder what someone must be feeling inside for them to feel the need to make up such things.
    "Every day begins with an act of courage and hope: getting out of bed." - Mason Cooley

Comment

It's a difficult decision I know we hear about different crimes and straight away think "scum bag!" But a recent case in my area made me feel horrible for saying that.

(True story) A woman had accused a man of raping her early hours of the morning a few months back. While the details of the guy wasn't released the amount of comments people had put on the news article such as

"Scum bag"
      "He should be shot!"
      "Someone needs to do to him what he did to that woman."

You get the idea. I have little doubt that he saw most of the comments. Which must have be awful because;

A few weeks later with CCTV evidence and a few other things police can say for sure that the rape never took place. No charges were taken against the woman for making a false aligation.

I admittedly felt bad, Not only a were people slating that man and calling him different names and stuff but she could have ruined his life if he was mistakenly found guilty.
      It also makes other woman who have been raped or sexual assault scared to come forward.

Its a tough one because is it;

Innocent until proven guilty or
      Guilty until proven innocent.

I think wich ever way you look at it it's wrong.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
      X