Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

New Boards Software Vanilla Q&A Chat

On Saturday 17th Feb from 11-12pm, we'll be running a Vanilla Q&A chat where you can come along and ask any questions about the exciting move to the new boards software Vanilla.

For more information about this chat (click here).
2 of 5 < >

Expert chat: Enthusiastic Consent & Conditional Consent (Wed 21st February)

Hey everyone!

On Wednesday 21st Feb at 6.30pm, Sarah our expert, will be running an expert chat about Enthusiastic Consent and Conditional Consent.

Sarah is the co-founder of Scarlet Ladies, a community of women with the aim to destigmatise and normalise the conversation around female sexuality.

Suffering from post traumatic stress disorder after experiencing a number of traumas, including rape, Sarah is reclaiming her body by engaging in bodybuilding and powerlifting. Taking back control of her sexuality, she is currently remaining abstinent. Working and campaigning with other women for the sexual empowerment of women has been an integral part of her healing journey.

Come along and join us! Find out more here
3 of 5 < >

Vanilla features: have your say

As we move to our new boards software, Vanilla, we'll have a few new features at our disposal. We're keen to hear what you all think about them, so head here to have your say over how we'll use (or not use) some of the new features. Fill out the form before Wednesday the 21st to tell us your thoughts and have the option of joining our testing team!
4 of 5 < >

The Great Boards Migration

Great news! We're moving to new discussion boards software. Head here for the full announcement.
5 of 5 < >

Post of The Month

One-in-a-million is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Just a bit of fun here if you could create an advent calendar what would you put in it and why.

For me you would still get chocolate 😆😆
But inside each door is a task for the day. Something that includes you helping/talking to others, doing something festive and spreading Christmas cheer
For example

1. Tell your parents/carers you love them
2. Say hello when passing an OAP (that might be the only thing someone says to them all week)
3. Watch a Christmas movie
4. Help someone in need e.g put some spare change in a charity box, buy a warm drink for the homeless person who sits on the corner, dothe washing up ha ha ha😂
5 make hot chocolate
6. Visit your grandparents (if you don’t already) They will more than likely love to see you.
7. Sing a Christmas song with a friend
8. Dress up in something Christmasy when you do your shopping.

You get the idea 😂😉 my reason for this is to get people in the mood and understand what Christmas actually means.

What would yours have and why."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

Guilty until proven innocent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guilty until proven innocent

If accusations you make are true then ok...but if they are not you could get a few years in prison https://www.metro.news/10-years-for-...d-rape/721881/

Ooh, crikey. What a case.

This really got me:

‘Cases such as this bring a real risk that a woman who has been raped or sexually assaulted may not complain to the police for fear of not being believed,’ Judge Nicholas Loraine-Smith said as he sentenced her.
    And where one of the men said the trial had ruined his life:

Mr Cassim, 37, overturned his conviction — having served two years and nine months — after police noticed flaws in Beale’s later allegations and began investigating her.

He told her trial she ruined his life but he now wanted to ‘have a nice family and be happy’, adding: ‘I am working on the happiness — I have a long way to go.’
    I do wonder what someone must be feeling inside for them to feel the need to make up such things.
    Taking care of yourself takes care of more than just yourself.

Comment

It's a difficult decision I know we hear about different crimes and straight away think "scum bag!" But a recent case in my area made me feel horrible for saying that.

(True story) A woman had accused a man of raping her early hours of the morning a few months back. While the details of the guy wasn't released the amount of comments people had put on the news article such as

"Scum bag"
      "He should be shot!"
      "Someone needs to do to him what he did to that woman."

You get the idea. I have little doubt that he saw most of the comments. Which must have be awful because;

A few weeks later with CCTV evidence and a few other things police can say for sure that the rape never took place. No charges were taken against the woman for making a false aligation.

I admittedly felt bad, Not only a were people slating that man and calling him different names and stuff but she could have ruined his life if he was mistakenly found guilty.
      It also makes other woman who have been raped or sexual assault scared to come forward.

Its a tough one because is it;

Innocent until proven guilty or
      Guilty until proven innocent.

I think wich ever way you look at it it's wrong.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
      X