Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Support Circles on Sundays

Hey everyone,

We're going to be running support circles once a month on a Sunday! At the moment they run on Tuesdays, but for one of those Tuesdays, each month they will be running on a Sunday instead.

This next Sunday support circle will be on 26 November. If you'd like to come along, (sign up by completing the form here )
2 of 3 < >

Chatwee Update

Update - There's been some technical difficulties launching Chatwee onto our website so we will not be moving to Chatwee on Thursday.

As soon as we fix this issue, we'll announce another date for launching. We're really sorry for the delay in Chatwee, thanks so much for your patience.
3 of 3 < >

Post of The Month (September)

Maisy is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Shaunie,

​I care. I really relate to what you have been experiencing with the house falling apart, and things not getting fixed due to general shame of the state of the house and not knowing where to begin fixing things or who to contact (you don't want to come across rogue tradesmen). Not even having adequate heating and hot water. And clutter. Everywhere. It's horrible to live in such circumstances, I know. It's hard as well when you see everyone else living a 'normal' life and yet being unable to talk about your situation."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

Can you be a Christian without going church

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you be a Christian without going church

I do believe in god and his teachings although I don't read the bible or go to church. So I was wondering what you guys think. Can you be a Christian if you don't read the bible or go to church?

My mum never had me christened as a baby because she wanted me to be able to choose what I believed in when I was older.

My nan was a Christian but she didn't attend an actual church (building) It was a group at her pastors house, so it was a church group but they did everything you would do at church so it was the same thing.

I don't talk about my beliefs a lot a part from saying "I do believe in god and heaven and jesus"

But can you still be a Christian if you don't go to church, pray a lot?

Yeahh, you can be a Christian as long as you have prayed for God to save you I know a lot of Christians that don't go to church, some go to get baptized and thats it
    'My worst days in recovery are better than the best days in relapse.' - Kate Le Page

Comment

I don't think you need to do anything in particular to be part of any faith - I think it's your beliefs that make you part of a religion, you don't need to prove anything
      Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend

Comment

Hi

Religion is personal and you shouldn't feel that you need to do certain things like going to church to be a part of that faith group. Your beliefs are your own and like Lucy307 said you don't need to prove anything to anyone. However if you feel that you want to be part of a group with like minded individuals you could see if your local church runs activity groups in the community or has volunteering roles available for example at a Food Bank to help people in crisis.

I personally don't identify with any religion but instead my actions and morals are influenced by the teachings from lots of different faiths. I believe your faith is evident through your actions in terms of helping others, respecting the planet and animals and spreading positive messages. What does being a Christian mean to you?

​- Sunny

Last edited by SunshineSoul; 11-10-2017, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Traditionally, a 'church' is a collective of people, not a building. Back in the days of when Christians were persecuted by the Romans they'd do all their praying etc inside and that evolved in to a church being though tof as a building.

Being a Christian is about a relationship between Jesus and yourself. If you enjoy the fellowship of others they by all means go along to a church. But there is no set requirement for you to attend.

Comment

Really good replies guys! Sharing opinions in a respectful way Keep it up!

Have a great day

Drea

Comment

I personally don't identify with a religion either, but my mother is a Christian and only attended church up until the age of 16, then stopped going. Not because her beliefs had changed, but for other reasons.

So, I don't think you have to go to church to be a Christian.
              "Truely independent person who doesn't do quotes, just dates".. (29.04.17)

Comment

Thanks guys I know I havenít been on in a while itís been mad crazy!

Thanks for all your opinions

Comment

Thanks guys I know I havenít been on lately itís been mad crazy!

Thank you for your opinions

Comment

If Christianity is what you believe in then you can call yourself a Christian, you dont have to attend a church to have your personal beliefs confirmed

Comment

Of course you can be a Christian without going to church, but there are some great online churches you could join if going out in these dark evenings is a problem. Online fellowships have been popular, too, even online Christian websites are good if you'd like to participate.

What could help is using a daily devotional such as ODB: https://odb.org/ which 'Belle my youngest sister subcribes to and she's just turned 13.

If we don't ascribe to a particular faith, we can still be spiritual people. Even the gentle light from a lit candle brings great comfort and hope. We can meditate, we can pray in our own way. The possibilities are all out there.

In our busy lives, sometimes we get so lost in our destinations that we forget about the journey. It is important for us to capture moments of beauty, love and happiness whenever we can, be it at home or in the park or in some place where it feels peaceful.
                      The greatest female power is empathy to create relationships on a personal level. It's better for a woman to come across as more nurturing, more warm, and that is going to lend more success to her than for a man doing the same thing.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                      X