Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Prize draw!

We're running a prize draw here on the discussion boards! Take a look here to get involved.
2 of 3 < >

Post of The Month (August)

Meggles is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"my recent post and a comment from another user has made me realise that self care is so important.

I wanted to start a thread in the Health and Wellbeing section of the boards about self care.

Self care is provided by you, for you

I know a lot of us are struggling at the moment with different aspects of our own lives, and sometimes we get so lost in these we forget to take time for ourselves. This tread is, a Reminder to you to take time out for yourself during the difficult times.

down in the comments I would really love for people to share ideas and tips about self- care. to remind ourselves and others in the community.

My way of self care when i recognise ( or someone recognises i have neglected myself) is:

Take a walk and admire whats around me ( take as long as needed)
treat myself to a bath with a bathbomb and bubbles ( bubbles are important)
make a hot drink and just sit down with a film.

Please feel free to share your ideas!

The Mix have a guide to self-care which you can find here."
(Click for full post )
3 of 3 < >

Get involved

Fancy hosting one of our General Chats, or getting involved with the community in another way? Let us know here.
See more
See less

Last song you listened too

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last song you listened too

So yeahh, What's the last song you listened too?

mine is : Jimmy Eat World - The Middle
    Last edited by zaynah; 23-01-2017, 11:46 AM.
    'My worst days in recovery are better than the best days in relapse.' - Kate Le Page

'Let it go' Frozen
    You are not your illness, and have an individual story to tell. You have a NAME, you have HISTORY a PERSONALITY. Staying yourself is part of the battle. - Julian Selfte

Comment

Marvin Gaye - Ain't No Mountain High Enough

Currently loving this song at the moment!
      You are not your illness, and have an individual story to tell. You have a NAME, you have HISTORY a PERSONALITY. Staying yourself is part of the battle. - Julian Selfte

Comment

Miley Cyrus's live lounge cover of Summertime Sadness
        With time and support you can start to see out of that dark hole and even feel hopeful - Jo7

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly123 View Post
          Miley Cyrus's live lounge cover of Summertime Sadness
          How dare she steal that song - Quite fond of Lana Del Rey singing it, she is just

Comment

Originally posted by WhispersOfTheHeart View Post
            How dare she steal that song - Quite fond of Lana Del Rey singing it, she is just
            Lana Del Rey does have a lovely voice but if you haven't heard Miley's cover of it, I urge you to listen to it
            With time and support you can start to see out of that dark hole and even feel hopeful - Jo7

Comment

Just finished listening to Japandroids - For the Love of Ivy

Comment

oooo all good songs ... but i agree :L i haven't heard miley's cover of summertime sadness but i don't think anyone could beat Lana Del Rey's one! :P
                'My worst days in recovery are better than the best days in relapse.' - Kate Le Page

Comment

True colours- Artists against bullying

Really powerful song with a great message.
                  Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow

Think ability, not disability

Comment

Childish Gambino-3005; if you can get passed the silly name he's well worth a listen.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=tG35R8F2j8k

Comment

Oooo never heard of them but will deffo give them a listen!

Comment

Brave by Sara Bareilles

I wasn't keen on this song when it came out but I seem to be obsessed with it at the moment! I'll no doubt get sick of it soon as I keep listening to it over and over again.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly123 View Post
                          Brave by Sara Bareilles

I wasn't keen on this song when it came out but I seem to be obsessed with it at the moment! I'll no doubt get sick of it soon as I keep listening to it over and over again.
                          Love this song and the message in it

Comment

When you were young - the killers. Love this song

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
                            Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow

Think ability, not disability

Comment

Jillian, by Within Temptation.
                              "The exposure of truth sometimes results in tragedy... However! No matter how tragic the truth may be, it would be an even greater tragedy to avert one's eyes from it." ~Miles Edgeworth
                              ---
                              If you don't like where you are, move. You are not a tree.
                              ---
                              The truth of a proposition has nothing to do with its credibility, and vice versa.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                              X