Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Prize draw!

We're running a prize draw here on the discussion boards! Take a look here to get involved.
2 of 3 < >

Post of The Month (August)

Meggles is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"my recent post and a comment from another user has made me realise that self care is so important.

I wanted to start a thread in the Health and Wellbeing section of the boards about self care.

Self care is provided by you, for you

I know a lot of us are struggling at the moment with different aspects of our own lives, and sometimes we get so lost in these we forget to take time for ourselves. This tread is, a Reminder to you to take time out for yourself during the difficult times.

down in the comments I would really love for people to share ideas and tips about self- care. to remind ourselves and others in the community.

My way of self care when i recognise ( or someone recognises i have neglected myself) is:

Take a walk and admire whats around me ( take as long as needed)
treat myself to a bath with a bathbomb and bubbles ( bubbles are important)
make a hot drink and just sit down with a film.

Please feel free to share your ideas!

The Mix have a guide to self-care which you can find here."
(Click for full post )
3 of 3 < >

Get involved

Fancy hosting one of our General Chats, or getting involved with the community in another way? Let us know here.
See more
See less

Weekly Challenge #17

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly Challenge #17

Hey everyone!

It's time for weekly challenge number 17! This weeks challenge is...the song challenge!

How this challenge will work is that you have to find a song relating to the challenge we've set up for each day this week and share it with us all.

Day 1 (Monday) - A song that you know all the words to
    Day 2 (Tuesday) - A motivational song
    Day 3 (Wednesday) - Christmas isn't far away, so your challenge is to share your favourite Christmas song!
    Day 4 (Thursday) - A song from the year you were born
    Day 5 (Friday) - Your favourite song at the moment
    Day 6 (Saturday) - A song with the word 'rose' in
    Day 7 (Sunday) - A song that reminds you of your childhood

If you've got any ideas for the weekly challenge or would like to get involved in some of the other exciting things we have going on feel free to complete the 'Get Involved' form here.

We hope you have fun taking part in this weeks challenge. Don't forget to vote on next week's challenge ideas.

- Aife
    Autumn photo challenge
    57.14%
    Self-love quote challenge
    42.86%

The poll is expired.

We're Aife & Mike: the staff team here at The Mix.
    If you have any questions about this place, feel free to
    ask over in the
    Help Desk or send us a private message.

"My face" by Dodie.

Comment

Day 1 - Pentatonix - Na Na Na

As said by Waynester Pickle - "Hann's Law, which states washing up must be done before 8:30" 22/12/14

Comment

All time low - kids in the dark
        'My worst days in recovery are better than the best days in relapse.' - Kate Le Page

Comment

Day 2 - Natasha bedingfield - recover really hope more people comment on todays one, would love to hear them all!
          'My worst days in recovery are better than the best days in relapse.' - Kate Le Page

Comment

Originally posted by BubblesGoesBoo View Post
            Day 2 - Natasha bedingfield - recover really hope more people comment on todays one, would love to hear them all!
            A bit late, but I was watching Trolls with my 2 year-old nephew and got 'get back up again' stuck in my head 😂😂

Day 3- duh, Fairytale of New York, what else could it be?
            "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so"- Hamlet

Comment

Day 3 - Fairytale of New York
              Throwing Halloween in there - This is Halloween - Nightmare Before Christmas
              As said by Waynester Pickle - "Hann's Law, which states washing up must be done before 8:30" 22/12/14

Comment

Aidan - omg yes, whenever my nephew sings it, it always motivates me to keep going

and day 3, has to be fairytale of new York

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                X