Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Prize draw!

We're running a prize draw here on the discussion boards! Take a look here to get involved.
2 of 3 < >

Post of The Month (August)

Meggles is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"my recent post and a comment from another user has made me realise that self care is so important.

I wanted to start a thread in the Health and Wellbeing section of the boards about self care.

Self care is provided by you, for you

I know a lot of us are struggling at the moment with different aspects of our own lives, and sometimes we get so lost in these we forget to take time for ourselves. This tread is, a Reminder to you to take time out for yourself during the difficult times.

down in the comments I would really love for people to share ideas and tips about self- care. to remind ourselves and others in the community.

My way of self care when i recognise ( or someone recognises i have neglected myself) is:

Take a walk and admire whats around me ( take as long as needed)
treat myself to a bath with a bathbomb and bubbles ( bubbles are important)
make a hot drink and just sit down with a film.

Please feel free to share your ideas!

The Mix have a guide to self-care which you can find here."
(Click for full post )
3 of 3 < >

Get involved

Fancy hosting one of our General Chats, or getting involved with the community in another way? Let us know here.
See more
See less

Weekly Challenge #21

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly Challenge #21

Hey guys!

You voted for the positive advice challenge this week so here it is:

Give us the best piece of positive advice that you've heard/can think of (anything from a phrase to a movie quote and everything in between )

Also, be sure to vote for next weeks challenge!

Thanks everybody
    Countdown challenge (find letters throughout the boards and make a word)
    40.00%
    Celebrity Lookalike Challenge (Find two celebrities that look like each other)
    60.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by vidhya; 09-10-2017, 04:44 PM.

Not sure if this counts but mine would probably be what my coach tells me which is:

Never let success get to your head. Never let failure get to your heart.
    Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations

Comment

Esme17 I love that!! It's great that your coach is telling you to never get discouraged, reminds me of one of my favorite quotes: "failure is not falling down, failure is refusing to get back up"

Comment

“You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it.”

Comment

Jellyelephant that's amazing! That's so true, fear can stop us from doing amazing things! Actually your quote reminds me of the movie "We're the Millers," the dad in the movie tells the son to just count to three and then do what he normally would have been scared to do, and it actually works for him! Hahah you're quote really reminded me of that movie!!

Comment

There is No elevator to success. You have to take the stairs. - this also is the same about life and recovery.

Comment

I love Forest Gump!! So my film quote would be:
              "Life is like a box of chocolate"
              I never got what this actually meant, but I guess it makes sense.

Because

If you take all the good stuff out, it becomes empty
              "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so"- Hamlet

Comment

'Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light'
                Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend

Comment

Aidan wow! I've never thought about that quote that way! I love Forrest Gump too, I always thought "Life is like a box of chocolates" meant everybody's life is so different, you never know what life is going to throw at you next! But I love your interpretation more!! It's so true, if you take out all the things in your life that make you happy, it becomes empty. Thanks for sharing!!

Comment

I love reading your quotes guys!! Keep them coming!

Comment

Success in life comes when you simply refuse to give up, with goals so strong that obstacles, failure and loss only act as motivation.

Comment

'Life is waiting for you. You might be stuck here for a while, but the world isn't going anywhere. Hang on in there if you can. Life is always worth it'
                        'My worst days in recovery are better than the best days in relapse.' - Kate Le Page

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                        X