Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Prize draw!

We're running a prize draw here on the discussion boards! Take a look here to get involved.
2 of 3 < >

Post of The Month (August)

Meggles is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"my recent post and a comment from another user has made me realise that self care is so important.

I wanted to start a thread in the Health and Wellbeing section of the boards about self care.

Self care is provided by you, for you

I know a lot of us are struggling at the moment with different aspects of our own lives, and sometimes we get so lost in these we forget to take time for ourselves. This tread is, a Reminder to you to take time out for yourself during the difficult times.

down in the comments I would really love for people to share ideas and tips about self- care. to remind ourselves and others in the community.

My way of self care when i recognise ( or someone recognises i have neglected myself) is:

Take a walk and admire whats around me ( take as long as needed)
treat myself to a bath with a bathbomb and bubbles ( bubbles are important)
make a hot drink and just sit down with a film.

Please feel free to share your ideas!

The Mix have a guide to self-care which you can find here."
(Click for full post )
3 of 3 < >

Get involved

Fancy hosting one of our General Chats, or getting involved with the community in another way? Let us know here.
See more
See less

Traveling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling

Hey everyone!!

In January I am going traveling to Thailand and Bali for 2 months. I am going solo (very scared) and meeting people out there in a tour group kind of thing.
    It will be my first time abroad ever (Apart from France for a week in July which was my first time out the Uk). It is also my first time on a plane and I really donít know what I am doing or what to expect.

I am super excited to be going away but very nervous about traveling at the same time.
    My dad was meant to drive me to the airport but now he needs an operation and I have a feeling that it will be around the time I am leaving so I may also be needing to get myself to London from Cornwall too which is adding extra stress to this!

I was wondering if anyone has any advice about traveling that they would be able to share to help me?

Esme x
    Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations

Hey Esme
    I remember my first time on a plane, I was terrified, but once i got there is wasn't that bad, they basically tell you everything you need to know. If you are unsure of something, just ask

something my colleague said to me a few weeks ago when i was worried about traveling.. 'take some cosy socks and a squishy pillow and a Nintendo ds' so I don't have a Nintendo but downloaded some games on my phone to keep me distracted, also took my 'comfort blanket' (yes I'm 22 but who cares haha) it makes me feel safe.. can you take something with you that makes you feel safe?
    'My worst days in recovery are better than the best days in relapse.' - Kate Le Page

Comment

Hiya

Haha i will literally be asking someone where i need to be every 10 seconds because im going to get so lost at the airports!! I am definitely getting games on my phone to hopefully stop me getting bored and my teddy is also going to be coming with me and i dont care what looks i get about it.

Comment

Who cares what others think lol. I doubt you'll get lost, there's always people around to help. Would it be helpful to go to the airport you're travelling from before hand? So you could have a look around and see where to go? I know its a fair bit away but if your in London before then it might help put your mind at rest
        'My worst days in recovery are better than the best days in relapse.' - Kate Le Page

Comment

Yeah I would find it helpful I think but my dad is going to be driving me up in the morning of the day Iím flying because my flight isnít until about 8:30pm and because itís so far away from is (about an 8 hour drive) itís too far to just go up to look around. He is getting me there earlier though so I can have more time to go through things which I hope will be helpful.

I should be okay. I tend to overthink and panic about the smallest of things so I will always think the worst

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
          X