Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Chatwee Update

Update - There's been some technical difficulties launching Chatwee onto our website so we will not be moving to Chatwee on Thursday.

As soon as we fix this issue, we'll announce another date for launching. We're really sorry for the delay in Chatwee, thanks so much for your patience.
2 of 2 < >

Post of The Month (September)

Maisy is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Shaunie,

​I care. I really relate to what you have been experiencing with the house falling apart, and things not getting fixed due to general shame of the state of the house and not knowing where to begin fixing things or who to contact (you don't want to come across rogue tradesmen). Not even having adequate heating and hot water. And clutter. Everywhere. It's horrible to live in such circumstances, I know. It's hard as well when you see everyone else living a 'normal' life and yet being unable to talk about your situation."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

The Gallery (Poem, Trig Warning)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gallery (Poem, Trig Warning)

The damage was done long ago.
    Yet the scars still glow.
    A gallery thatís closed,
    For my own personal show.

Itís a gallery I made.
    One I want to add to.
    But itís taking everything I have,
    Not to.

The need screams,
    Can you hear it to?
    But to submit a new piece...
    Will cost you.

Oh please.
    I canít afford this,
    Canít you just take it away from me,
    It needs to go.

Tears come to my eyes,
    I don't know what to do.

Love this one! It's very relatable unfortunately, I guess the extended metaphor makes it an easier subject to talk about.

Do you just come up with these on the spot, or do you have them written down somewhere and you share them? Either way, 'Poetry by Distraction' needs to be a thing : )
    No matter how hard it will get
    We will pull always through
    ​Because I'll never forget
    ​It's the human thing to do

Comment

Aww thank you , I come up with them on the spot when I get into a bad situation, although I was thinking of posting some olds ones but not sure yet

Comment

I'd love to read any more you have!
        But poetry is an elequently personal outlet, and I get it if you don't want to post a window into your mind on the internet for everyone to read haha
        : )

Comment

It's actually nice that someone wants to read them so thank you. Aye, haha, I don't mind, I like putting them out there, I'll probably be posting more cos it's something to focus on. I've got one am putting up the now about my mother and a situation. Hopefully they won't all be dark and dingy lol.

Comment

I like dark and dingy poems, Wilfred Owen's one of my favourite poets haha

Comment

Isn't he a war poet? I think I've looked him up, I chose the Somme for my theme in college and I was looking a world war 1 poets, he came up, his great if his the same person am thinking of

Comment

Yeah, he died a few days before the war ended sadly. He wrote poems like 'Anthem for Doomed Youth' and 'Dulce et Decorum est'. My face lit with glee when 'Arms and the Boy' turned out to be the unseen poetry in my english exam last year, I A*'d that so I probably have Wilfred Owen to thank for that haha

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                X