Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Expert chat: Enthusiastic Consent & Conditional Consent (Wed 21st February)

Hey everyone!

On Wednesday 21st Feb at 6.30pm, Sarah our expert, will be running an expert chat about Enthusiastic Consent and Conditional Consent.

Sarah is the co-founder of Scarlet Ladies, a community of women with the aim to destigmatise and normalise the conversation around female sexuality.

Suffering from post traumatic stress disorder after experiencing a number of traumas, including rape, Sarah is reclaiming her body by engaging in bodybuilding and powerlifting. Taking back control of her sexuality, she is currently remaining abstinent. Working and campaigning with other women for the sexual empowerment of women has been an integral part of her healing journey.

Come along and join us! Find out more here
2 of 4 < >

Vanilla features: have your say

As we move to our new boards software, Vanilla, we'll have a few new features at our disposal. We're keen to hear what you all think about them, so head here to have your say over how we'll use (or not use) some of the new features. Fill out the form before Wednesday the 21st to tell us your thoughts and have the option of joining our testing team!
3 of 4 < >

The Great Boards Migration

Great news! We're moving to new discussion boards software. Head here for the full announcement.
4 of 4 < >

Post of The Month

One-in-a-million is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Just a bit of fun here if you could create an advent calendar what would you put in it and why.

For me you would still get chocolate 😆😆
But inside each door is a task for the day. Something that includes you helping/talking to others, doing something festive and spreading Christmas cheer
For example

1. Tell your parents/carers you love them
2. Say hello when passing an OAP (that might be the only thing someone says to them all week)
3. Watch a Christmas movie
4. Help someone in need e.g put some spare change in a charity box, buy a warm drink for the homeless person who sits on the corner, dothe washing up ha ha ha😂
5 make hot chocolate
6. Visit your grandparents (if you donít already) They will more than likely love to see you.
7. Sing a Christmas song with a friend
8. Dress up in something Christmasy when you do your shopping.

You get the idea 😂😉 my reason for this is to get people in the mood and understand what Christmas actually means.

What would yours have and why."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

How do I remove my photo from google images?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I remove my photo from google images?

Was looking for a new avatar on google images and I typed my name up, and one of my profile pictures from social media came up on google images. I can freely copy and paste, and save this photo of myself (without logged onto any account). I don't want random people having access to my photo, how do I get it off?

I doubt it would ever happen, but I don't like the idea of it??

I can even get my avatar from here on google images, which doesn't bother me as obviously it isn't a photo- just stating the fact that it happens!!
    Last edited by apandav; 24-04-2016, 11:17 AM.
    Wishing you a Magical Christmas

I'm not entirely sure? maybe delete the photo from the social media platform? We're always told that images you put online stay online, so it might not be able to be deleted
    You're a ghost at most
    A set of empty bones
    Searching for anything and everything to make you feel whole

Comment

Originally posted by Hiccup View Post
      I'm not entirely sure? maybe delete the photo from the social media platform? We're always told that images you put online stay online, so it might not be able to be deleted
      Okay thanks. Yeah that's fair enough, it's not as if I posted it though (it's a profile photo)
      Wishing you a Magical Christmas

Comment

Yeah, I get that. If you're able to search your own profile, your display picture can come up and then it's free for anyone to use as they please
        You're a ghost at most
        A set of empty bones
        Searching for anything and everything to make you feel whole

Comment

I'm not sure if there's a way of removing images from google, if an image is posted online, google images will be able to find it. I experience the same thing, if you typed my name into google you'd get a whole load of pictures of me and even my family somehow.
          PS - typing my The Mix username into google brings up my profile, too.
          Last edited by independent_; 07-05-2016, 02:48 PM.
          "Truely independent person who doesn't do quotes, just dates".. (29.04.17)

Comment

Results on google come from websites. If you remove your photo from all websites, I would think your photo wouldn't show up on Google Image Search any more.

Comment

Hey Azziman, and welcome to the community.

I'm going to close this thread as it's a year and a half old now, but if you'd like to post about a similar issue then you're welcome to start a new thread of your own. Generally speaking we tend not to post in inactive threads older than a couple of months, and those threads are considered 'dead'. You can check out our Good Manners Guide if you'd like more of a breakdown of that sort of thing.
              Taking care of yourself takes care of more than just yourself.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
              X