Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Support Circles on Sundays

Hey everyone,

We're going to be running support circles once a month on a Sunday! At the moment they run on Tuesdays, but for one of those Tuesdays, each month they will be running on a Sunday instead.

This next Sunday support circle will be on 26 November. If you'd like to come along, (sign up by completing the form here )
2 of 3 < >

Chatwee Update

Update - There's been some technical difficulties launching Chatwee onto our website so we will not be moving to Chatwee on Thursday.

As soon as we fix this issue, we'll announce another date for launching. We're really sorry for the delay in Chatwee, thanks so much for your patience.
3 of 3 < >

Post of The Month (September)

Maisy is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Shaunie,

​I care. I really relate to what you have been experiencing with the house falling apart, and things not getting fixed due to general shame of the state of the house and not knowing where to begin fixing things or who to contact (you don't want to come across rogue tradesmen). Not even having adequate heating and hot water. And clutter. Everywhere. It's horrible to live in such circumstances, I know. It's hard as well when you see everyone else living a 'normal' life and yet being unable to talk about your situation."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

World Mental Health Day - what's your advice?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Mental Health Day - what's your advice?

Hey everyone,

As part of World Mental Health Day next week, The Mix are hoping to create some graphics for social media which include pieces of support and advice. We'd love to use some of your advice and support. Here's what you need to do:

In up to 15 words, what support, advice, or top tip would you give to a young person who's looking to build their mental strength and resilience in the workplace?

- Aife
    We're Aife & Mike: the staff team here at The Mix.
    If you have any questions about this place, feel free to
    ask over in the
    Help Desk or send us a private message.

Donít wait for someone to fix you.
    Youíre not broken.
    You are all you need.
    No matter how hard it will get
    We will pull always through
    ​Because I'll never forget
    ​It's the human thing to do

Comment

15 words in a tricky one. However, I want to share one of my favourite quotes, that tells me why I need to keep going with my recovery journey. One you've probaberbly heard me say in chat, and so forth.

"My worst days in recovery, and still better than my best days in relapse" - But Relapse doesn't erase you're success.

In a nutshell, through recovery were going to battle with our mental illness, we will have relapses, because what was a norm for us at one point, now is being changed. For example, going three days without self harm is incrediable. Because you have done three days without self harm, and after three days, you might relapse, that relapse doesn't erase the three days you've already accomplished.

We live in a society were we continually put ourselves down because of our mental illness, feel guilty about it, and so forth, but we shouldn't. Hence the reason why Mental health awareness days are so bloomin important, it's time to talk.

Comment

Hi everyone!

​I hope this applies to mental strength and resilience in the workplace, especially because there is so much social expectation, pressure and comparison.

​My 15 words are inspired by the Body Worlds museum in Amsterdam that I visited last New Year.
        ​We were travelling around Europe on our own journey trying to figure out life and the exhibition that was on was about happiness.

​There was art and installations everywhere but these two thoughts stuck out for me:

Don't compare your insides with other people's outsides, you're on your own path to happiness.

​I'm sending lots of positivity to you all tonight!

​-PositiveAura

Comment

My favourite tip is that- your relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have. I know from experience that self-care can be undervalued, especially in the workplace, but itís probably the most important place to look after yourself as commonly, no one else will!
          Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend

Comment

For the workplace, my tip would be know your limits! Work often pushes us, but it's okay to take a step back if needed.

' we can't all run a marathon and expect to finish at the same time'
            'My worst days in recovery are better than the best days in relapse.' - Kate Le Page

Comment

Looking at the fuller picture will only overwhelm you, break it into chunks. Celebrate little victories.
              Last edited by Jess101; 05-10-2017, 12:42 PM.
              'Mental health is not a not a destination but a process. It's about how you drive and not where you're going'

Comment

Oh thats hard. Dunno. Cant think of many words but
                Something like to not underestimate yourself.
                I dont expect anything - to just end up disappointed. But i do not have zero hope for the future cause that has only dragged me down & brung negativity. I will just not predict the future

Comment

Hey everyone! Thanks so much for sharing your advice, you've all given some really helpful and thoughtful tips. Keep an eye out on The Mix's social media channels next week to see the graphics they'll be creating.

- Aife

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                  X