Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Expert chat: Enthusiastic Consent & Conditional Consent (Wed 21st February)

Hey everyone!

On Wednesday 21st Feb at 6.30pm, Sarah our expert, will be running an expert chat about Enthusiastic Consent and Conditional Consent.

Sarah is the co-founder of Scarlet Ladies, a community of women with the aim to destigmatise and normalise the conversation around female sexuality.

Suffering from post traumatic stress disorder after experiencing a number of traumas, including rape, Sarah is reclaiming her body by engaging in bodybuilding and powerlifting. Taking back control of her sexuality, she is currently remaining abstinent. Working and campaigning with other women for the sexual empowerment of women has been an integral part of her healing journey.

Come along and join us! Find out more here
2 of 4 < >

Vanilla features: have your say

As we move to our new boards software, Vanilla, we'll have a few new features at our disposal. We're keen to hear what you all think about them, so head here to have your say over how we'll use (or not use) some of the new features. Fill out the form before Wednesday the 21st to tell us your thoughts and have the option of joining our testing team!
3 of 4 < >

The Great Boards Migration

Great news! We're moving to new discussion boards software. Head here for the full announcement.
4 of 4 < >

Post of The Month

One-in-a-million is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Just a bit of fun here if you could create an advent calendar what would you put in it and why.

For me you would still get chocolate 😆😆
But inside each door is a task for the day. Something that includes you helping/talking to others, doing something festive and spreading Christmas cheer
For example

1. Tell your parents/carers you love them
2. Say hello when passing an OAP (that might be the only thing someone says to them all week)
3. Watch a Christmas movie
4. Help someone in need e.g put some spare change in a charity box, buy a warm drink for the homeless person who sits on the corner, dothe washing up ha ha ha😂
5 make hot chocolate
6. Visit your grandparents (if you donít already) They will more than likely love to see you.
7. Sing a Christmas song with a friend
8. Dress up in something Christmasy when you do your shopping.

You get the idea 😂😉 my reason for this is to get people in the mood and understand what Christmas actually means.

What would yours have and why."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

Get involved - World Mental Health Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get involved - World Mental Health Day

Hello all,

This Tuesday is world mental health day so i thought i would start this thread by asking one question.....What would you say to someone struggling to talk about their mental health?

Would love to hear what you all got to say, come on get involved and share your views

Just someone changing to who they really are. Jessica, now Jacob, been a big step but im sure it will be an exciting journey.

I would say to print out an ice breaker that you can show friends or your GP to start talking about your mental health problems and worries.

Comment

Falling at a hurdle is okay, if you always get up and face the next one.

Some day, none of us will matter at all and no one will know who we even were; so live like no one's watching
      Last edited by Aidan; 09-10-2017, 05:53 PM.
      Tough times never last, but tough people do

Comment

Great answers! Aidan turbulentsky

​I would say, just go for it. Yes of course you will be anxious but just know that you aren't the only one and there are people who love and care about you waiting to listen and if those people don't understand then turn to a charity like MIND or The Samaritans, they are sat waiting for your call, text or email.
        Last edited by Jacob101; 09-10-2017, 06:20 PM.
        Just someone changing to who they really are. Jessica, now Jacob, been a big step but im sure it will be an exciting journey.

Comment

Some of the best things come when you step outside your comfort zone.

Comment

When I know I'm going to struggle having a difficult/embarrassing conversation, I always almost pre-warn the person, I'll maybe message them saying 'need to talk to you about something later' - when I've done this, they are more likely to probe for what I wanted to talk about... And I'm less likely to chicken out of saying what I need to get off my chest!
            Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend

Comment

i would say that there are others ways of communicating whats going on instead of talking, such as writing or drawing, this is how i express a lot of my emotions.
              'My worst days in recovery are better than the best days in relapse.' - Kate Le Page

Comment

Mike Aife you proud of me?

Comment

Enjoyed reading the responses.
                  Good job Jess 👍

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                  X