Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Support Circles on Sundays

Hey everyone,

We're going to be running support circles once a month on a Sunday! At the moment they run on Tuesdays, but for one of those Tuesdays, each month they will be running on a Sunday instead.

This next Sunday support circle will be on 26 November. If you'd like to come along, (sign up by completing the form here )
2 of 3 < >

Chatwee Update

Update - There's been some technical difficulties launching Chatwee onto our website so we will not be moving to Chatwee on Thursday.

As soon as we fix this issue, we'll announce another date for launching. We're really sorry for the delay in Chatwee, thanks so much for your patience.
3 of 3 < >

Post of The Month (September)

Maisy is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Shaunie,

​I care. I really relate to what you have been experiencing with the house falling apart, and things not getting fixed due to general shame of the state of the house and not knowing where to begin fixing things or who to contact (you don't want to come across rogue tradesmen). Not even having adequate heating and hot water. And clutter. Everywhere. It's horrible to live in such circumstances, I know. It's hard as well when you see everyone else living a 'normal' life and yet being unable to talk about your situation."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

Who is your superhero?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is your superhero?

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to re-post this post by *BananaMonkey*! I somehow managed to delete it along with a bunch of spam!

Originally posted by *BananaMonkey*
    So as it was world mental health day on Wednesday 10th October, here at TheMix we wanted to create a thread where you could share who your superhero is, this could be anybody in your life who you feel gives you strength?

For me, it's my mum and my Nanna (Who sadly passed away) Both these ladies have had hard lives and have gone through some very horrible stuff, but my Nanna was always so brave and happy and my mum has battled a lot, and she has overcome a lot, and shows lots of strength, so both these ladies give me the most strength.

Really looking forward to reading your responses..

Oh, nice one Aife! 😂

My nannan definately, but can't remember what else I wrote
    No matter how hard it will get
    We will pull always through
    ​Because I'll never forget
    ​It's the human thing to do

Comment

My superheroes are probably my friends I met in hospital, we met at the worst times in our lives but still managed to support each other, it's almost 3 years since i first met some of them and were still great friends, they're really the only people i can speak to who understand completely. I've been lucky enough to watch them grow and fight their battles, they help inspire me to recover, and have helped me through every step. Sadly 2 of them lost the fight, but they've made the rest of us more determined to recover, for them.

also, my main mini superhero is my nephew! No matter how I'm feeling he always manages to put a smile on my face! He's only 5 but already he's gone through a lot, and I can see it's just made him stronger.
      'My worst days in recovery are better than the best days in relapse.' - Kate Le Page

Comment

Hi everyone!

​Lovely to hear all your experiences and positive relationships with people.

I definitely would have to agree with *BananaMonkey* ​and say that my Mum is my superhero! I think a lot of Mum's are like superheroes. Firstly, I think you do need some sort of superpower to actually bring us into the world, then look after us as babies and as an adult now, mine never seems to stop giving and taking care of things.
        ​She's an expert multi-tasker and doesn't know when to stop.

I'm very, very lucky to have her but how do you get a Superhero to take a break everyone?

​Because their capes, superhero costumes, jet packs and powers need rest and recharging!

Any tips on slowing down someone who needs a break and needs US to be the superheroes once in a while?

-PositiveAura

Comment

My hero is Cecilia Mcgough from Students with schizophrenia.

Comment

My Nan is my superhero, an advocate of a positive and happy life & an absolute joy to be around
            Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
            X