Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Expert chat: Enthusiastic Consent & Conditional Consent (Wed 21st February)

Hey everyone!

On Wednesday 21st Feb at 6.30pm, Sarah our expert, will be running an expert chat about Enthusiastic Consent and Conditional Consent.

Sarah is the co-founder of Scarlet Ladies, a community of women with the aim to destigmatise and normalise the conversation around female sexuality.

Suffering from post traumatic stress disorder after experiencing a number of traumas, including rape, Sarah is reclaiming her body by engaging in bodybuilding and powerlifting. Taking back control of her sexuality, she is currently remaining abstinent. Working and campaigning with other women for the sexual empowerment of women has been an integral part of her healing journey.

Come along and join us! Find out more here
2 of 4 < >

Vanilla features: have your say

As we move to our new boards software, Vanilla, we'll have a few new features at our disposal. We're keen to hear what you all think about them, so head here to have your say over how we'll use (or not use) some of the new features. Fill out the form before Wednesday the 21st to tell us your thoughts and have the option of joining our testing team!
3 of 4 < >

The Great Boards Migration

Great news! We're moving to new discussion boards software. Head here for the full announcement.
4 of 4 < >

Post of The Month

One-in-a-million is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Just a bit of fun here if you could create an advent calendar what would you put in it and why.

For me you would still get chocolate 😆😆
But inside each door is a task for the day. Something that includes you helping/talking to others, doing something festive and spreading Christmas cheer
For example

1. Tell your parents/carers you love them
2. Say hello when passing an OAP (that might be the only thing someone says to them all week)
3. Watch a Christmas movie
4. Help someone in need e.g put some spare change in a charity box, buy a warm drink for the homeless person who sits on the corner, dothe washing up ha ha ha😂
5 make hot chocolate
6. Visit your grandparents (if you donít already) They will more than likely love to see you.
7. Sing a Christmas song with a friend
8. Dress up in something Christmasy when you do your shopping.

You get the idea 😂😉 my reason for this is to get people in the mood and understand what Christmas actually means.

What would yours have and why."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

Prize draw!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prize draw!

Hey everyone!

So, to round off our boards event around World Mental Health Day, we're having a prize draw where you can win some Mix merchandise.

To enter, you'll need to do three things...

1) Change your avatar to your favourite superhero (because you're all superheroes)
    2) Change your signature to your favourite mental health related quote
    3) Post below with your new look!

We'll be closing this competition and announcing a winner at the end of next week.
    Taking care of yourself takes care of more than just yourself.

Wonder woman counts right?
    'My worst days in recovery are better than the best days in relapse.' - Kate Le Page

Comment

Originally posted by BubblesGoesBoo View Post
      Wonder woman counts right?
      Wonder Woman definitely counts! One of my personal favourites.

Comment

Hard one between superman and batman, but gone with superman.
        You're much stronger than you think you are. Trust me. - superman.

Comment

Woohoo I did it!

Does a cute little Wolverine still count?
          Last edited by Laine; 14-10-2017, 06:49 PM.
          "Weave me a rope that will pull me through these impossible times"
          ~ Tim Finn

- LAINE

Comment

NO CAPES!!

Because The Incredibles is one of those films where the title is a review
            Tough times never last, but tough people do

Comment

Spiderman because used to always was my favourite superhero as a kid.

But look at my cat, she is more of my superhero 😂
              Just someone changing to who they really are. Jessica, now Jacob, been a big step but im sure it will be an exciting journey.

Comment

Also can I steal these quotes for my recovery book? They're all really good!
                'My worst days in recovery are better than the best days in relapse.' - Kate Le Page

Comment

I love all of the quotes in here <3
                  Hope you're all having a good day, this is my first day on this site and already I've found it so motivating and helpful, thank you all!
                  Last edited by Jjleigh94; 16-10-2017, 02:42 PM.
                  "Never give up on someone with a mental illness. when 'I' is replaced by 'we', illness becomes wellness." - Shannon L Alder

Comment

Wonder Woman snap Bubbles!

Has my signature changed aswell? One I like-"Why are you trying to fit in be born to stand out".
                    Last edited by Lostsense; 16-10-2017, 03:27 PM.
                    I dont want a signature.

Comment

Lostsense - yus! also yeahh it's changed lol

Comment

Absolutely loving these - it's so cool to see the superhero theme all across the boards! Woop.

Glad you found us, too, Jjleigh94! See you around.

Comment

Last call for entries to this! We'll be pulling the winner out of the hat in the next few days. Get yo' superhero on.

(then you can all have your avatars and signatures back )

Comment

I'm joining the Wonder Women crew. Could someone tell me how you change the signature bit?

I figured it out int he end.
                            Last edited by Aurora; 20-10-2017, 04:08 PM.
                            [RIGHT][COLOR=#800080][SIZE=10px][FONT=comic sans ms]You are not your illness, and have an individual story to tell. You have a NAME, you have HISTORY a PERSONALITY. Staying yourself is part of the battle. -[I] Julian Selfte[/I] [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/RIGHT]

Comment

Aaaand the winner is...

Aurora!

W
                              e'll be in touch.

Thanks everyone, for spreading the superhero theme across the boards and joining in with our message that we're all superheroes.

Mike
                              We're Aife, Mike and Emma: the staff team here at The Mix.
                              While we can't offer support via this account, if you have any questions about this place, feel free to
                              ask over in the
                              Help Desk or send us a private message.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                              X