Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Chatwee Update

Update - There's been some technical difficulties launching Chatwee onto our website so we will not be moving to Chatwee on Thursday.

As soon as we fix this issue, we'll announce another date for launching. We're really sorry for the delay in Chatwee, thanks so much for your patience.
2 of 2 < >

Post of The Month (September)

Maisy is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Shaunie,

​I care. I really relate to what you have been experiencing with the house falling apart, and things not getting fixed due to general shame of the state of the house and not knowing where to begin fixing things or who to contact (you don't want to come across rogue tradesmen). Not even having adequate heating and hot water. And clutter. Everywhere. It's horrible to live in such circumstances, I know. It's hard as well when you see everyone else living a 'normal' life and yet being unable to talk about your situation."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

shroom picking

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shroom picking

heya never done this before none of my mates have either. been looking up the old tinternet for what to look out for when picking liberty caps and how to check there liberties and everything. ive heard septemb er is a good time to go just wandering what you guys thought. i live in cornwall btw and our harvest for some things can be quite different to the rest of the country but im not sure exactly how. anyway i know a good place to go picking as i love near a sand dunes and my step brother went picking there when he was younger unfortunately hes all grown up now and lives far awayh so wouldnt be able to help me out with the picking. i will post pics on here for you guys to tell me whether to eat or not as i dont want to be munching some poisonous fungi. anyway any tips on distiunguishing them and times to pick all that sort of stuff cheers.
    FUCK YEAH!!!!

I wouldn't have thought sand dunes would be a good place.
    Here in North wales they are in abundance already ...very early but it's been a very wet summer.
    Moorland cow pasture etc.
    I wouldn't think there up down south yet.

Comment

Heathland and grassland always seemed best for Liberties.

The New Forest is mostly heathland thankfully and there's never been a shortage of shrooms in all the years I've been picking.
      Doves, Playboys, Biscuits, Barrels, Callies, Clear Caps, China Whites, Rhubarbs, Loony Toons, New Yorkers... you know, bang on, larging it, the full monty, safe as houses, pair of trousers, what a laugh, let's do another half!

Comment

didnt find fuck all worth mentioning last year, going to look further afield this year

rolly im surprised they're growing already, proper flushes growin!?

Comment

Originally posted by z- View Post
          didnt find fuck all worth mentioning last year, going to look further afield this year

rolly im surprised they're growing already, proper flushes growin!?
          The real mcoy.
          About a week ago i was on the edge of the moors and spotted about half a dozen. Few days later about a hundred over a fairly large area and then a couple of days ago came across people camping for the sole purpose of picking and they were doing alright.
          That doesn't normaly happen till september through october.

Comment

the sand sunes doesnt have much sand to be honest its more grassland with sandy banks and ditches scattered around but my step bro definately found a fare few there when he was younger
            FUCK YEAH!!!!

Comment

Spare a thought for the Londoners amongst us who're lucky to come home without hands full of dog shit from our local harvest.

I envy you south western lot.
              My Personal Blog - My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by What is in a name View Post
                i will post pics on here for you guys to tell me whether to eat or not as i dont want to be munching some poisonous fungi. anyway any tips on distiunguishing them and times to pick all that sort of stuff cheers.
                Just to say - I think it's fine to ask for advice on what to look for in a safe mushroom, or even for people to source pictures from sites like Erowid of safe mushrooms.

However I think asking people to comment on the safety of mushrooms you've picked is a little bit too far - think it just crosses over the line into people on this board being responsible for your safety. That's unfair on them and potentially opens up a whole can of legal problems for us. Better to ask for the information so you can make your own informed choice.
                Cellar Door

You thought it was gold, but it was bronze

'I ain't gonna study war... no more'

Comment

ok sorry jim
                  anyone got any picks of a very typical liberty cap
                  cheers
                  FUCK YEAH!!!!

Comment

This is what they appear liek when wet or damp.

In drier conditions they can appear like this.

As they get older they can flatten out a bit, look not so domed, and appear quite tatty.

They are easy to spot in my opinion. Best bet is to thow away anything you have any doubt over, and go with somebody experienced.
                    Doves, Playboys, Biscuits, Barrels, Callies, Clear Caps, China Whites, Rhubarbs, Loony Toons, New Yorkers... you know, bang on, larging it, the full monty, safe as houses, pair of trousers, what a laugh, let's do another half!

Comment

Don't confuse them with these:

Comment

cheers can i drink on shrooms?
                        im gonna go for a bit of a hunt at some point not expecting to find much its a bit early but hey give it a try. how many liberty caps should i eat on my first time if they are fresh ive heard 10-grams is good but how many average sized shrooms is that cheers.
                        FUCK YEAH!!!!

Comment

for Liberties , open feilds are the best , mainly some of those grassy hill land and all thos e, might be also lake sided ,but just depending on you.

Comment

Originally posted by What is in a name View Post
                            cheers can i drink on shrooms?
                            ya can but i wouldnt bother, doesnt do much for you - same as acid

Comment

Just got back from Amsterdam and I think I'm chemically obliterated.

We tried a box of Philosophers Stones each and because it took such a delayed reaction from the rest of the shit in our systems at the time, we decided to leave our chill out area and hit the town.

Ended up with just me and a mate in the back room of a back room of an empty bar, suddenly tripping like crazy. He flipped out completely and was convinced that I was going to kill him. 20 stone that he is, he smacked a dent in the table and kept telling me to "Stop", apparently seeing evil in me every time the revolving lights turned to red.

It was creepy as hell. He spent the entire night wide awake in the opposite bottom bunk just watching me - since he thought I'd kill him if he fell asleep.

Made quite an interesting breakfast topic. And it was eerie as hell considering I was having a really psychotic trip of my own where all I could focus on was mutilation and The Shining-esque insanity.

Anyway, we stopped short of going for the heavily visual shrooms. Mainly because my mate was so fucked up for the rest of the holiday that he still didn't completely trust me.

I'm looking to get hold of some back home in London but I've had no luck so far.
                              My Personal Blog - My Twitter

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                              X