Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Support Circles on Sundays

Hey everyone,

We're going to be running support circles once a month on a Sunday! At the moment they run on Tuesdays, but for one of those Tuesdays, each month they will be running on a Sunday instead.

This next Sunday support circle will be on 26 November. If you'd like to come along, (sign up by completing the form here )
2 of 3 < >

Chatwee Update

Update - There's been some technical difficulties launching Chatwee onto our website so we will not be moving to Chatwee on Thursday.

As soon as we fix this issue, we'll announce another date for launching. We're really sorry for the delay in Chatwee, thanks so much for your patience.
3 of 3 < >

Post of The Month (September)

Maisy is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Shaunie,

​I care. I really relate to what you have been experiencing with the house falling apart, and things not getting fixed due to general shame of the state of the house and not knowing where to begin fixing things or who to contact (you don't want to come across rogue tradesmen). Not even having adequate heating and hot water. And clutter. Everywhere. It's horrible to live in such circumstances, I know. It's hard as well when you see everyone else living a 'normal' life and yet being unable to talk about your situation."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

Pride Campaigns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pride Campaigns

So with it being pride month around the world we're seeing many pride campaigns.

Recently one that's being causing some issues is the london pride campaign, for those who don't know their campaign is heavily based on straight people, rather than focusing what pride is actually about.

Another noticeable campaign has been with skittles removing their rainbow in order to let the focus of the 'rainbow' be based on the LGBTQ+ community.

Along the theme of the london pride campaign there's also a hashtag that's becoming increasingly more popular on twitter which is #heterosexualprideday.

I'm curious to know what people's opinions are on the way London has handled their campaign and people actively trying to take LGBT pride month and focus it on heterosexuals
    You're a ghost at most
    A set of empty bones
    Searching for anything and everything to make you feel whole

For some reference, here is a link to an article about the London pride posters. This campaign is quite obviously pointed towards heterosexuals, which I find strange. I've seen other campaigns on the tube that were completely different. They were quotes from people talking about what pride meant to them and about their experiences at pride parades/festivals.

-Kathleen

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
    X