Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Stepfinder App Testing

We've just released our new StepFinder app and it's now available on Android devices. We'd love some help testing it out to hear your feedback before it's released to the public.

Date: Tuesday 24th April 2018 from 6.30pm to 8pm

If you have an Android device and would like to help test out the app, you can sign up here
2 of 4 < >

Vanilla Survey Results

It's been a few months since we announced our exciting move to the new boards software Vanilla.

Back in February, we asked you to complete a survey so we could hear what you thought about some potential features and changes that Vanilla can offer. We also sent this survey out to our boards volunteers.

You can read all about the results here
3 of 4 < >

Post of The Month

Shaunie is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Novocaine

This sounds really difficuly and scary. Sorry youre going through such a hard time im glad youre getting some sort of help. Experimental therapies sounds good. I hope youre taking good care of yourself aswell and doing things you enjoy and doing small things that could make you feel better like nice relaxing bath.

Mindfullness and grounding technics can be really helpful. In times where i felt disassociated i would be vaguely suggested to stay midful and present in the here and now. Which can help your concentration aswell. Like even picking up something around you & noticing how that feels & what is around you helps to be less in a dream state of mind. Loking at everything in details & concetrating on your breathing. I know its quite hard to rememeber to do in times of high anxiety but it doesnt need to just be when you get to that point. Can be any time of the day just to help you feel better and get in rountine of doing it & remembering

Its also okay to not know what you want to do after school. Even people who seem to know what they want - end up not wanting it and alll can take some time to know and feel better and that is okay too, youre on your own lil journey. But there is always hope

Take care"
(Click for full post )
4 of 4 < >

Support Circles

We run Support Circle chats on Tuesdays and Sundays.

Support Circle is a small group chat for no more than 10 people. Take it in turns to talk about whatever is on your mind or sign up as a listener if you enjoy helping others. To find out more and sign up for a place (click here)

Places are limited so make sure to sign up quickly!
See more
See less

LGBTQ+ Coming Out Stories. What is yours?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I've never come out, why should I? If I come home with someone the same gender as me and say they are my partner then my parents can just deal with it. Besides, I don't even know which gender I want to be. I'd love it if people saw me as non-binary, but everyone I talk to about it doesn't seem to take me seriously. Everyone has a different experience with this kind of topic, I just hope you have a good experience.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Eyepatch View Post
      I've never come out, why should I? If I come home with someone the same gender as me and say they are my partner then my parents can just deal with it. Besides, I don't even know which gender I want to be. I'd love it if people saw me as non-binary, but everyone I talk to about it doesn't seem to take me seriously. Everyone has a different experience with this kind of topic, I just hope you have a good experience.
      I get how you feel, for years I wished that I could be seen as non-binary. Over the past couple of years I've started to think that I might just be happy living as a female, but there are still times when I'm not really sure.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by TheAprilFool View Post
        I get how you feel, for years I wished that I could be seen as non-binary. Over the past couple of years I've started to think that I might just be happy living as a female, but there are still times when I'm not really sure.

        Its good to know Im not the only one who feels this way You are not alone.
        Sometimes people know exactly who they are and who they like, but for others it takes time, and thats okay.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Eyepatch View Post


          Its good to know Im not the only one who feels this way You are not alone.
          Sometimes people know exactly who they are and who they like, but for others it takes time, and thats okay.
          I've taken my time when it comes to figuring myself out, and I honestly think that my identity is pretty fluid anyway, so maybe I'll never figure it out though. It's okay though, I like to think that what I experienced opened my mind even more and gave me a better understanding of other people.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by TheAprilFool View Post
            I've taken my time when it comes to figuring myself out, and I honestly think that my identity is pretty fluid anyway, so maybe I'll never figure it out though. It's okay though, I like to think that what I experienced opened my mind even more and gave me a better understanding of other people.

            Using your experiences to understand others is great, and very kind, as many people might just dismiss things they don't want to understand. Fluid seems like a good way of thinking about your identity, as it gives you time and space to change. It may not be a label that we see often, but its more important that you are trying to understand yourself than picking a label so that others can find a 'box' for you. It sounds like things have been hard and you've thought about this a lot, I hope you find the strength to be confident in who you are.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Eyepatch View Post


              Using your experiences to understand others is great, and very kind, as many people might just dismiss things they don't want to understand. Fluid seems like a good way of thinking about your identity, as it gives you time and space to change. It may not be a label that we see often, but its more important that you are trying to understand yourself than picking a label so that others can find a 'box' for you. It sounds like things have been hard and you've thought about this a lot, I hope you find the strength to be confident in who you are.
              Thanks I think from now on I might just think of myself as being a fluid person rather than trying to find a label for myself all the time. I did try to dismiss my feelings for a long time because they scared me so much, but I found that it was better to just embrace it.

              Comment


              • #22
                This is such a great discussion Eyepatch and TheAprilFool Really positive.

                Being who you are is the most important, and having good people around you, who will accept you no matter what. Community is very important, and the mix community is here for you.

                You could take a look at this site which has lots of information about lgbtq+ if you'd like https://www.stonewall.org.uk/help-and-advice

                Puffin Ethics
                Last edited by PuffinEthics; 12-04-2018, 09:23 PM.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Thanks PuffinEthics

                  Comment

                  Hide this page

                  Local Advice Finder

                  Find local services

                  The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

                  Working...
                  X