Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Prize draw!

We're running a prize draw here on the discussion boards! Take a look here to get involved.
2 of 3 < >

Post of The Month (August)

Meggles is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"my recent post and a comment from another user has made me realise that self care is so important.

I wanted to start a thread in the Health and Wellbeing section of the boards about self care.

Self care is provided by you, for you

I know a lot of us are struggling at the moment with different aspects of our own lives, and sometimes we get so lost in these we forget to take time for ourselves. This tread is, a Reminder to you to take time out for yourself during the difficult times.

down in the comments I would really love for people to share ideas and tips about self- care. to remind ourselves and others in the community.

My way of self care when i recognise ( or someone recognises i have neglected myself) is:

Take a walk and admire whats around me ( take as long as needed)
treat myself to a bath with a bathbomb and bubbles ( bubbles are important)
make a hot drink and just sit down with a film.

Please feel free to share your ideas!

The Mix have a guide to self-care which you can find here."
(Click for full post )
3 of 3 < >

Get involved

Fancy hosting one of our General Chats, or getting involved with the community in another way? Let us know here.
See more
See less

The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Hi guys, here is my revised version of this thread! The other one was a quick lazy post to put a thread here.

This thread is for posting things which may not belong or be appropriate for the ranty thread in Anything Goes. This means that some of the posts in here have the potential to be triggering for some users and you should be aware that some of the content may be uncomfortable reading for some of you.

A few quick notes:
    • This isn't a replacement for making your own threads. Please don't feel like you can't do that . This is more for (quoting the lovely Arctic Roll) "the times where people don't want advice, they just want somebody to know". If you are very worried, please please please make a thread of your own, where people would be more likely to give you personal advice etc.
    • No post is too insignificant, no post is too large. Don't feel uncomfortable posting here because you aren't sure if it belongs. If you need a hug, you can post in the thread. For whatever reason. The reason it is in health is because it was felt that people needed a place to vent or post potentially triggering content somewhere where others weren't going to feel uncomfortable reading it.
    • If you find the thread helpful, please let us know. It's always nice to feel appreciated
    • No photos, please. Users who post images of their self-injury or similar will have their posts reported.
    • Thank you for reading. I hope this thread can be helpful for some of you.
    Yes
    58.62%
    No
    17.24%
    I really don't mind either way
    24.14%
    Last edited by zaynah; 23-01-2017, 11:21 AM.
    ...there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in.

'Franki is a wise one. Even if she hides it well sometimes' ~ Scary Monster
    'that's because you're perfect Franki' ~ Broken-Angel
    'I salute you Franki' ~ **helen**
    'I agree with everything that Franki has said' ~ Melian
    'You're a genius' ~ piccolo
    'Franki's right as usual' ~ James

My ex boyfriend has a new girlfriend. And I actually just want to curl up in a little ball and die.
    The blades look more and more tempting every second. I just can't cope any more. :/
    The headlights from passing cars
    They illuminate my face then leave me the dark
    The voice of Nirvana says, "Come as you are"
    And I will

Comment

*HUGS* BA i can understand how you feel i've been in that situation before
      :heart: RAWR :flirt:

Comment

Ahh it sucks. I promised a close friend of mine, who's dying, that I'd stop self harming if he stopped drinking (so he can get the treatment for his cancer)
        so if I do cut I'll just feel like I'm letting him and myself down... which will make me cut more... :/
        And I will

Comment

I know what you mean, it's the evenings that are toughest for me, recently i've been just putting a film on, that takes up most of the eve, and then just going to sleep...it's kinda working.
          :heart: RAWR :flirt:

Comment

Originally posted by Broken-Angel View Post
            Ahh it sucks. I promised a close friend of mine, who's dying, that I'd stop self harming if he stopped drinking (so he can get the treatment for his cancer)
            so if I do cut I'll just feel like I'm letting him and myself down... which will make me cut more... :/
            I'm sure he'll understand that you feel that sometimes you have little or no choice but to give in.

Comment

Originally posted by Melian View Post
              I'm sure he'll understand that you feel that sometimes you have little or no choice but to give in.
              Yea, I know he will, he self harmed for much of his life. But I'll still feel like a failure :/
              And I will

Comment

Well I need a hug.

Because I am a complete spineless wimp in our meetings at work.
                Growls

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Monster View Post
                  Well I need a hug.

Because I am a complete spineless wimp in our meetings at work.

I need a hug because I repeatedly get myself into stupid, circular "relationships" with people and then don't know how to dig myself out of them.

Comment

I tried to read the debate regarding this thread but really its 2am and the I need a hug has just lured me on in.

I need a hug as I'm frustated.A normal hug from someone to treat me in a normal way. I need people to not keep asking me if I'm ok, when it's quite apparent I'm not. And if you do actually want to know, then ask me what's wrong, not some insipid "are you ok?" and then looked shocked and terrified when I say no.

Does anyone else ever get this? When people know you have emotional/mental health issues, they treat a bit like you're a glass about to break. Its so hard sometimes not letting (proving?) that the illness does not define me. I'm very pensieve this evening.
                    xprotège moix

Gavin <3<3

Woo!Me Livejournal! thanks Amira

Comment

If we decide to keep the thread, can a mod delete the debate posts please? It'd make things much more welcoming.

Originally posted by Girl_gunner
                      Does anyone else ever get this? When people know you have emotional/mental health issues, they treat a bit like you're a glass about to break. Its so hard sometimes not letting (proving?) that the illness does not define me. I'm very pensieve this evening.
                      It's a difficult one because I see things from both sides of the fence.

I've told my boss about the problems I'm having at the minute, having gone back on the Prozac, and she's been a lot like that. I'm allowed to take time off or "work from home" if I need to. It's great to have the offer but you can tell she perhaps doesn't quite know what to do with me. She knew that I'd had depression in the past when she gave me the job so I know she means well, but I do feel like I'm being treated like a glass vase or something a bit.

But then I also work as a welfare adviser, and some of my clients come to me in a pretty distressed state. I find it difficult to ask questions, not because I don't want to know or be supportive but because I don't want the client to feel pressurised into telling me things they'd rather keep private for now. I don't want to push people into opening up, I want it to be their choice, so I do sometimes end up with the "are you ok?" or "do you want a drink/tissue/time?" cliche statements. I know fine well they're not OK but I don't want them to feel pressure, because I know how much I hate direct questioning. If someone asks me if I'm OK it gives me the choice, I can be honest or I can be polite and say I'm fine when I'm not, depending on whether I want to talk about it.

The illness doesn't define you and people don't think it does. But it is uncomfortable to talk about because people don't want to push you or appear to be nosey. Try and cut people a bit of slack if you can.

*huggle*
                      Can you hold me like you held someone you shouldn't have let go?
                      Can you keep me deep inside like the regrets that burned a hole?
                      Can you love me like you loved someone you loved so long ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Girl_gunner View Post
                        I tried to read the debate regarding this thread but really its 2am and the I need a hug has just lured me on in.

I need a hug as I'm frustated.A normal hug from someone to treat me in a normal way. I need people to not keep asking me if I'm ok, when it's quite apparent I'm not. And if you do actually want to know, then ask me what's wrong, not some insipid "are you ok?" and then looked shocked and terrified when I say no.

I've had this before and it really is annoying. I don't want to talk about my problems all the time. Even worse when they only know half the story.

Comment

I just feel like crap and it's only an hour until I have something to do but it's dragging and to top it all off my room is cold.

It's ridiculous but that's really making me upset right now.

Promise me you'll always remember: you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
                          ― Winnie-the-Pooh

Comment

Twenty minute toilet break ftw. Yeeeeeeah. Also should probably not have worn natural tights today. Red marks on my shins are quite conspicuous...

Piccolo . Find a little flash game or something to occupy yourself?

Comment

I'm not sure what's up, whether it's not enough sleep or the fact work is deserted today or the fact I keep forgetting to take my fucking Prozac, but I have a deep sense of foreboding at the minute. Bordering on anxiety.

Fnagh.
                              Can you hold me like you held someone you shouldn't have let go?
                              Can you keep me deep inside like the regrets that burned a hole?
                              Can you love me like you loved someone you loved so long ago?

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                              X