Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Chatwee Update

Update - There's been some technical difficulties launching Chatwee onto our website so we will not be moving to Chatwee on Thursday.

As soon as we fix this issue, we'll announce another date for launching. We're really sorry for the delay in Chatwee, thanks so much for your patience.
2 of 2 < >

Post of The Month (September)

Maisy is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Shaunie,

​I care. I really relate to what you have been experiencing with the house falling apart, and things not getting fixed due to general shame of the state of the house and not knowing where to begin fixing things or who to contact (you don't want to come across rogue tradesmen). Not even having adequate heating and hot water. And clutter. Everywhere. It's horrible to live in such circumstances, I know. It's hard as well when you see everyone else living a 'normal' life and yet being unable to talk about your situation."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

Let's be real here.. (may be triggering)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Kayden,

Iím so sorry to hear what you are going through. Like Mica said earlier on, you are so brave for opening up about your childhood experience. Itís okay to take your time before you open up to your support worker, you should be really proud of yourself for opening up on the boards. Did you find it easier to write down everything to your support worker?

Iím sorry to hear that youíve lost hope with the crisis team, but well done for picking up the phone today. If anything ever feels too much to handle, I'd really urge you to try another crisis support service or try the same one again as you might speak to someone different. Have you tried any other crisis support services? Iíve listed below some others that you could try:

ImAlive: https://www.imalive.org
    Samaritans: http://samaritans.org
    Papyrus: https://www.papyrus-uk.org/

You said the crisis team didnít give you any distraction techniques to use Ė thereís a great article here on The Mix website about self-harm coping tips and distractions. Are there any distraction techniques you have found useful before?

This article also lists some more support services that might be helpful to try out:

Next Steps

• Under 19? You can get confidential help with self-harm from ChildLine Ė either over the phone or through an online chat.
    • TESS text and email support service runs Monday to Friday from 7pm to 9pm for girls and women aged under 25. Text them on 0780 047 2908.
    • Anyone can contact the Samaritans on their 24-hour helpline to talk things through. 116 123
    • RecoverYourLife.com is an online community where you can get peer support for self-harm and other mental health problems.
    • As well as an online forum RecoverYourLife.com have arcade games which you can use as distractions.
    • If you're under 25 and would like free confidential telephone counselling from The Mix to help you figure things out complete this form and we'll call you to arrange your first session.
    • Chat about this subject on our Discussion Boards.
    • Need help but confused where to go locally? Download our StepFinder iPhone app to find local support services quickly.
    Do keep posting here whenever you like, we are here for you

Comment

Aife. I am not brave, i am not strong. I cant do this especially seeing as i physically dont have anyone. The crisis team are a pile of shit. Ive made plans to end it and im sticking to it. I have some goodbyes to make, dont even know what im going to say to my brother to be honest. Anything is better than this life.

Comment

I totally get this. Today I saw thr crisis team. They couldn't of cared less about what I had to say. I just made me feel like absolute shit. Like no one understands or gives a shit.
        I dont expect anything - to just end up disappointed. But i do not have zero hope for the future cause that has only dragged me down & brung negativity. I will just not predict the future

Comment

Here if you need to talk kayden. keep posting on here cause we want to help
          I dont expect anything - to just end up disappointed. But i do not have zero hope for the future cause that has only dragged me down & brung negativity. I will just not predict the future

Comment

Tomorrow im supposed to be at their recovery unit.. the one i normally speak to is phoning me in the morning.. i will be telling her how shit i was doing on the weekend and all that got said to me was try distract yourself and try stay positive.. i will be telling her how the medication could of benefitted me today and how i dont really want anything to do with the crisis team anymore and why i ignored their phone calls. Im telling them that im done now. They dont even know where i live because of the type of accommodation so they cant do fuck all. They are never there for you until it is too late. Well news flash. It is too late.

Comment

The crisis team phoned and i totally snapped on the phone to them. Told them how their useless service is, told them how ive been trying to talk to them about my voices and the medication isnt working but they wont listen, told them to stop shoving an activity centre down my throat when it isnt going to make everything perfect, told them how useless to me they were on the weekend. She said she wants to see me tomorrow at 2, they know about my plans and they know ive told my family i wont see them again, so they want to talk more about it tomorrow. I am fuming

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
              X