Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Prize draw!

We're running a prize draw here on the discussion boards! Take a look here to get involved.
2 of 3 < >

Post of The Month (August)

Meggles is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"my recent post and a comment from another user has made me realise that self care is so important.

I wanted to start a thread in the Health and Wellbeing section of the boards about self care.

Self care is provided by you, for you

I know a lot of us are struggling at the moment with different aspects of our own lives, and sometimes we get so lost in these we forget to take time for ourselves. This tread is, a Reminder to you to take time out for yourself during the difficult times.

down in the comments I would really love for people to share ideas and tips about self- care. to remind ourselves and others in the community.

My way of self care when i recognise ( or someone recognises i have neglected myself) is:

Take a walk and admire whats around me ( take as long as needed)
treat myself to a bath with a bathbomb and bubbles ( bubbles are important)
make a hot drink and just sit down with a film.

Please feel free to share your ideas!

The Mix have a guide to self-care which you can find here."
(Click for full post )
3 of 3 < >

Get involved

Fancy hosting one of our General Chats, or getting involved with the community in another way? Let us know here.
See more
See less

I'm really struggling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm really struggling

I've come home for easter.. I havent been back here since my nan's funeral. It feels so werid knowing that this visit I won't see her at all.. not alive or at her funeral. I actually don't want to be at home. It hold so many memories that it hurts.
    I've been spending a lot of time by water, and in woods and around bridges and I'm scared to as why. I know I feel so hopeless and pointless right now. Could that be the reason?
    My family are completely obviously to everything that has gone on. They have no clue what's happened at uni, they have no clue about the well being meetings, the haven't been going to uni, they have no clue to how I'm feeling and I can't say because I'm not around long enough and they have enough stresses.

Every evening since I've been home, I've sat and watched the trains fly past on the tracks outside my house, questioning if I made the right choices in life, how I got to this point and why me? Why did my well being and my life have to fall apart as much as it has...and why can't I lift myself from this.

Sigh..

Comment

i guess no one here gives a shit..

Comment

Hi Evie,

Sorry that you are feeling this way, it can be hard to go home and it not to be like it was last time we were there. Also loosing someone which we were close to is hard and not being able to see them. It can also be really hard to be somewhere which we don't want to be, is there any where else you could stay locally so you are still close by but not at home?

I can't answer the question about why you might be spending a lot of time in these places but it could be because you might feel a free and safe in these places.

How do you feel about you family not knowing what is going on? I see this something which if you could you would tell them about?

Sometimes we don't make the right choices but we are unfortunately not able to change the choice we have already made in the past and can only work to make the future better.

Stay strong I believe you can do this and that it will get better.

Here if you ever need me.
        Harriet

Comment

Hey evie_rose,

I'm really sorry to hear your struggling at the moment, it sounds like you're going through such a difficult time. Like Harriet mentioned, it can be so hard to go home when it's not like it used to be. Grieving for a loved one takes time, and everyone will go through the process in different ways. Is there anything you feel helps you feel comforted? You mentioned that you've been spending a lot of time by water, in woods and around bridges, how do you feel when you go to these places?

Like Harriet mentioned, we can learn from the choices we've made in the past to help us work towards a better future.

Stay strong evie, we're here for you

- Aife

Comment

Originally posted by Aife View Post
            Hey evie_rose,

I'm really sorry to hear your struggling at the moment, it sounds like you're going through such a difficult time. Like Harriet mentioned, it can be so hard to go home when it's not like it used to be. Grieving for a loved one takes time, and everyone will go through the process in different ways. Is there anything you feel helps you feel comforted? You mentioned that you've been spending a lot of time by water, in woods and around bridges, how do you feel when you go to these places?

Like Harriet mentioned, we can learn from the choices we've made in the past to help us work towards a better future.

Stay strong evie, we're here for you

- Aife
            It doesn't make me feel safe being in the places I would to be honest label as dangerous.
            I don't feel like I belong here anymore. In my own hometown I've lost that sense of proudness to claim that this is where I come from...

Comment

Hey evie_rose,
              Hope today is a better day It sucks that you're feeling this way, but you have our full support on these forums and can speak to us whenever you want. Have you thought about maybe contacting a helpline? This is anonymous so it may be slightly easier to talk about if you're not comfortable with discussing it with your family? We will link some places you can contact for some support, and it could be good to get these things off your chest or to hear a friendly voice.

Hugs from Drea

Links:
              http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/emotional...gwithloss.aspx
              http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can...you/contact-us

Comment

It's not about how easy or hard it is to talk to someone. It's the fact I can't talk to my parents about things. It's totally not ok to

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                X