Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Christmas Quiz Wed 7-8pm

On Wednesday 13th December from 7-8pm we'll be hosting a Christmas Quiz live in The Mix chat room with loads of great prizes

More info about the quiz and the prizes up for grabs here.

We're looking for people to write and host rounds. If you're interested, make sure to send us a PM or comment on the thread linked above.
2 of 3 < >

Post of The Month

Esme17 is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey. Hope you are doing okay?

I completely understand what you mean about feeling low mainly at night. like you said, It is probably because you have nothing else you need to be doing then and so have more time to think. Is there anything you could do that makes you feel slightly happier during this time (watch a film, read etc..)?

Do you know what is making you feel this way? I know you mentioned losing your nan which must have been really hard for you and Iím very sorry to hear that!

Iím not too sure what would be best for you to do in the situation but i would say it would be best to speak to someone like your gp because they could tell you for sure if it does need looking into more and even if it didnít, it would put your mind at rest a bit? I know how hard it can be seeing someone though so just make sure you do what feels right for you.

Remember you can also always come to the board to get support and to chats as well.

Let us know how things go? Iím sorry if this didnít help at all, I think I rambled a bit but I tried...

Esme x"
(Click for full post )
3 of 3 < >

Support Circles on Sundays

We're going to be running support circles once a month on a Sunday! At the moment they run on Tuesdays, but for one of those Tuesdays, each month they will be running on a Sunday instead.

This next Sunday support circle will be on the 17th of December. If you'd like to come along, feel free to sign-up closer to the time (when we post the thread for it).
See more
See less

Bulied at school

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulied at school

Hi my name is Jason and I get bullied at school a lot by guys in my grade and in higher grades as well, some girls do as well but it’s mostly guys. It started when I was in grade 6 because I started doing stuff that I’m not supposed to do and now I do it every day and people at school know. I have tried to stop but I can’t because the bullying makes me do it even more but I don’t think it’s a reason to get bullied in the first place. It’s really unfair and it makes me feel bad a lot even though I pretend it doesn’t.

One of the biggest bullies is a guy in grade 10 and he is always yelling stuff at me, pushing me and stealing my backpack and looking in it. Some days going to school is really hard because I just want to stay home but I’m not allowed and my parents think I am making it up. I never pick on anyone at school because I know how much it hurts but lots of people don’t care at all.

Does anyone else get bullied because of the things they do and if you got the bullying to stop how did you?
    Last edited by Kathleen; 05-06-2017, 03:47 PM.

Hi Jason, bullying is not okay!!! Have you told any adults at school about it?
    Last edited by independent_; 04-05-2017, 11:56 AM.
    "Truely independent person who doesn't do quotes, just dates".. (29.04.17)

Comment

Originally posted by independent_ View Post
      Hi Jason, bullying is not okay!!! Have you told any adults at school about it?
      yeah but they don't do anything about it

Comment

I was bullied in primary school, I would be pushed over and all the kids would tell the teacher I fell over. Even the kids you'd think were nice wouldn't grass on the bullies because they were scared. Somebody got their big brother to choke me, and they did this outside of school on a field I used to play on. I just couldn't go there afterwards.

I felt like I could never go to school, and could never leave the house. I must have pretended to be ill for literally about 1/3 of the time I was supposed to be in school, especially on sports day or when we had PE because I was fat and was always picked on for that. There were even rumours I was born in Burger King. Burger King became my name. I was picked on for being clever too, which I could never understand. At break or lunch or during maths I was always casually bombarded with orders to say 'according to my calculations' in some awful posh voice, which was just humiliating.

This carried on until I started secondary school, because in secondary school the bullies usually move on to worse things like knife crime and drugs and burning people's houses, and a large amount of them were arrested. The rest actually got their act together, tried hard in class for once and ended up with decent grades. But one of my old bullies got zilch in their exams and ended up working in a local pizza takeaway, and I can't help but laugh when I see them working there. Karma haha. Proof that it does get better.

I'll be honest, bullying is something that has shaped who I am. A nice person, but also a distant and quiet and sarcastic person. Oh, and depressed. I'll send my bullies the healthcare bill haha. I'm kidding, healthcare is free here, so I can't really moan about the NHS. I probably should have dealt with my bullies myself, but that's how you become the bully. You have to be the bigger person and suck it up, I guess. Especially if teachers/ parents/ police or whatever don't care. They never tell you that the teachers or parents can be the bigger bullies sometimes.
        Last edited by Aidan; 04-05-2017, 12:50 PM.
        Tough times never last, but tough people do

Comment

Hi Jason.

It's really sad to read this I can't say i understand how you feel to give you ways to cope but it must feel so so horrible
          The school should have some policy on this.
          It's heart breaking to know this still goes gone.
          But you have to know it is completely wrong and they are completely pathetic for doing it and youre very strong to be still going to school.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaunie View Post
            Hi Jason.

It's really sad to read this I can't say i understand how you feel to give you ways to cope but it must feel so so horrible
            The school should have some policy on this.
            It's heart breaking to know this still goes gone.
            But you have to know it is completely wrong and they are completely pathetic for doing it and youre very strong to be still going to school.
            I'm not going to let them win

Comment

Absolutely do not let them win! I agree with Shaunie, the school should have some policy on anti-bullying. I don't quite know how things work over in Australia though. Aidan is absolutely right too, be the bigger person! Don't show them it get's to you.

Comment

I have been ignoring the bullies at school and 1 of them has stopped but the others haven't. I don't think its fair to get bullied all the time just because of the stuff you do especially if its not hurting anyone else.

Comment

Absolutely. It's not fair.I agree on that one!!! Your post is actually quite sad to read as it's sad to know this still goes on and the school aren't doing anything for you. Surely they should have a policy? But good for you for ignoring them!

Comment

One of the guys that used to bully other people but stopped is standing up for me and he thinks its good that I'm ignoring the ones that still do. He thinks it shouldn't matter what people do if its not hurting anyone and he likes the thing that I do. He even dares me to do it now

Comment

The bullying at school isn't as bad since I started ignoring them so its working. I also told some guys that I don't care if they know I do it in my undies and they have told other people so now they know I don't care what they think.

Comment

Umm.. Glad bullying it not affecting you

Comment

Well its still gets to me sometimes but its making me stronger as well so after a whiles it not going to hurt me at all. Now that I am learning how to not let it get to me I'm going to do it at the bus stop every day and wear my undies the whole day at school

Comment

Ah Jason, I'm so glad that the bullying isn't as bad for you now. I'm glad you don't care what other's think. I think we are around the same age so I know that what other's think is a big thing at this age. Well done for net letting it get to you!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason2016au View Post
                              Well its still gets to me sometimes but its making me stronger as well so after a whiles it not going to hurt me at all. Now that I am learning how to not let it get to me I'm going to do it at the bus stop every day and wear my undies the whole day at school
                              Doesn't sound nice or hygienic. & probably would hurt you with infections. I reallywouldsggest you see a doctor for suggests round it

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                              X