Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Post of The Month

Esme17 is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey. Hope you are doing okay?

I completely understand what you mean about feeling low mainly at night. like you said, It is probably because you have nothing else you need to be doing then and so have more time to think. Is there anything you could do that makes you feel slightly happier during this time (watch a film, read etc..)?

Do you know what is making you feel this way? I know you mentioned losing your nan which must have been really hard for you and Iím very sorry to hear that!

Iím not too sure what would be best for you to do in the situation but i would say it would be best to speak to someone like your gp because they could tell you for sure if it does need looking into more and even if it didnít, it would put your mind at rest a bit? I know how hard it can be seeing someone though so just make sure you do what feels right for you.

Remember you can also always come to the board to get support and to chats as well.

Let us know how things go? Iím sorry if this didnít help at all, I think I rambled a bit but I tried...

Esme x"
(Click for full post )
2 of 2 < >

Support Circles on Sundays

We're going to be running support circles once a month on a Sunday! At the moment they run on Tuesdays, but for one of those Tuesdays, each month they will be running on a Sunday instead.

This next Sunday support circle will be on the 17th of December. If you'd like to come along, feel free to sign-up closer to the time (when we post the thread for it).
See more
See less

Self Care

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self Care

hey guys,
    my recent post and a comment from another user has made me realise that self care is so important.
    I wanted to start a thread in the Health and Wellbeing section of the boards about self care.

Self care is provided by you, for you

I know a lot of us are struggling at the moment with different aspects of our own lives, and sometimes we get so lost in these we forget to take time for ourselves. This tread is, a Reminder to you to take time out for yourself during the difficult times.

down in the comments I would really love for people to share ideas and tips about self- care. to remind ourselves and others in the community.

My way of self care when i recognise ( or someone recognises i have neglected myself) is:
    • Take a walk and admire whats around me ( take as long as needed)
    • treat myself to a bath with a bathbomb and bubbles ( bubbles are important)
    • make a hot drink and just sit down with a film.

Please feel free to share your ideas!

The Mix have a guide to self-care which you can find here.

Hey Meggles, this thread is a great idea, thanks so much for making it. Self-care and taking some time to look after yourself is really important so here's a few more ideas:

- Make some popcorn and watch a funny film like Bridesmaids
    - Make a playlist full of up-beat motivational songs
    - Have a pyjama day and watch Netflix all day!
    - Also have to agree with you Meggles with the bathbombs!

Comment

Originally posted by Aife View Post
      Hey Meggles, this thread is a great idea, thanks so much for making it. Self-care and taking some time to look after yourself is really important so here's a few more ideas:

- Make some popcorn and watch a funny film like Bridesmaids
      - Make a playlist full of up-beat motivational songs
      - Have a pyjama day and watch Netflix all day!
      - Also have to agree with you Meggles with the bathbombs!
      I agree (Rare I know),
      ​My self-care is a bit different and harder but this is my list
      ~Reading
      ~walking
      ~Listen and play music
      ​~Play with a pet

Speak soon
      ​Abi.

Comment

Hmmmm, not sure of the difference between self care and indulgence 😂😂

Either way, they're both important 👌
        So, I guess these are a few of my ideas...

1) Playing with pets! (Was gonna just put dogs, but even a budgie would do, but good luck walking a budgie) Fun, and gets you outside
        2) Or, stay inside and binge on netflix
        3) Deciding enough is enough, and napping through the madness

And, for when I can remember where I've accidentally hidden my kindle, nothing beats a good book! (Except a good film adaptation of a book, because I'm lazy)
        Tough times never last, but tough people do

Comment

These are some fantastic ideas! Hope you 3 look after yourselves today

Comment

This bathbomb was fantastic. i was able to relax and focus on myself for a little while

Comment

Blow bubbles
              Colouring
              Watching comedy shows
              Solving a Rubik's cube (geeky lol)
              Listening to uplifting music (The Middle by Jimmy Eat World!!!)

Comment

hotcocoa your self soothe box would fit in under this thread!

Comment

Reading The Mix guide to self-care was so helpful that I've printed the text in full colour and later will stick it on the fridge door. Since our fridge is in constant use by us hungry girls including Mum, it will be a good reminder to take time out for ourselves.

And make biscuits.
                  The greatest female power is empathy to create relationships on a personal level. It's better for a woman to come across as more nurturing, more warm, and that is going to lend more success to her than for a man doing the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Princesa View Post
                    Reading The Mix guide to self-care was so helpful that I've printed the text in full colour and later will stick it on the fridge door. Since our fridge is in constant use by us hungry girls including Mum, it will be a good reminder to take time out for ourselves.

And make biscuits.

​Hey Princesa, that's great to hear you found The Mix guide to self-care so helpful. Putting this on the fridge sounds like a great idea!

Comment

At least my family have been reading it since returning from shopping, Aife Now we can start making progress.
                      The greatest female power is empathy to create relationships on a personal level. It's better for a woman to come across as more nurturing, more warm, and that is going to lend more success to her than for a man doing the same thing.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                      X