Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Support Circles on Sundays

Hey everyone,

We're going to be running support circles once a month on a Sunday! At the moment they run on Tuesdays, but for one of those Tuesdays, each month they will be running on a Sunday instead.

This next Sunday support circle will be on 26 November. If you'd like to come along, (sign up by completing the form here )
2 of 3 < >

Chatwee Update

Update - There's been some technical difficulties launching Chatwee onto our website so we will not be moving to Chatwee on Thursday.

As soon as we fix this issue, we'll announce another date for launching. We're really sorry for the delay in Chatwee, thanks so much for your patience.
3 of 3 < >

Post of The Month (September)

Maisy is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Shaunie,

​I care. I really relate to what you have been experiencing with the house falling apart, and things not getting fixed due to general shame of the state of the house and not knowing where to begin fixing things or who to contact (you don't want to come across rogue tradesmen). Not even having adequate heating and hot water. And clutter. Everywhere. It's horrible to live in such circumstances, I know. It's hard as well when you see everyone else living a 'normal' life and yet being unable to talk about your situation."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

I need advice please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need advice please.

Hey guys.
    As many of you know I have a problem with my knee which doctors don't know what's causing it.
    I'm getting really fed up with doctors not listening to me about it.
    My knee swelling causes me a lot of pain and I get told it's fine when it isn't but they wont listen.
    Ive tried changing doctors etc. This has been going on for 8 years and last night my knee swelled up so bad I was laying on the floor screaming and cry in pain.

What can I do? How do I approach medical professionals and ask them to listen. I have photo evidence of the swelling. I've been to the doctor when it's swollen etc.
    8 years is too long to be suffering like this and I want change and answers. I just don't know how to get them

Any advice or tips around approaching medical professionals and managing a situation like this would be so helpful.

( Writing this as my leg goes tingly and I can't put weight on my leg as I stand in the kitchen crying. )

Hiya,

I'm so sorry, 8 years is a very, very long time to be suffering with that (sounds awful!) pain. I really don't understand some doctors, my GP is very similar. I thought the whole point of becoming a doctor was to listen to patients concerns right?

From my own experience, the really the only advice I have (and it might be terrible) is to just keep going back. Don't let them brush you off. You need that pain treated, and the problem investigated, as well. Keep going back to them!

Take care of yourself.

- E
    "Truely independent person who doesn't do quotes, just dates".. (29.04.17)

Comment

Originally posted by independent_ View Post
      Hiya,

I'm so sorry, 8 years is a very, very long time to be suffering with that (sounds awful!) pain. I really don't understand some doctors, my GP is very similar. I thought the whole point of becoming a doctor was to listen to patients concerns right?

From my own experience, the really the only advice I have (and it might be terrible) is to just keep going back. Don't let them brush you off. You need that pain treated, and the problem investigated, as well. Keep going back to them!

Take care of yourself.

- E
      I've been back and forth constantly and it gets me no where I'm just so fed up and exhausted of being brushed off by doctors with this. It affects almost every day of my life.
      Ive gone from 20mile hikes over weekends to an hour walk causing swelling and pain. It's exhausting.
      I literally feel like doctors only care about money. More than their patients.
      I'm in the verge of just cutting my own leg off at this rate

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear that. It really does sound exhausting. I can totally understand why you're fed up. You'd think that in order to train to be a doctor in the first place, someone should have a passion for actually caring for patients and fixing people. It seems that some don't. And they just want the .
        "Truely independent person who doesn't do quotes, just dates".. (29.04.17)

Comment

Originally posted by independent_ View Post
          I'm so sorry to hear that. It really does sound exhausting. I can totally understand why you're fed up. You'd think that in order to train to be a doctor in the first place, someone should have a passion for actually caring for patients and fixing people. It seems that some don't. And they just want the .
          Seems to be all about the money. But then again the NHS doesn't have money lol. Maybe I should save up and flee to a country that has decent medical care that bother to listen to patients

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
          X