Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Support Circles on Sundays

Hey everyone,

We're going to be running support circles once a month on a Sunday! At the moment they run on Tuesdays, but for one of those Tuesdays, each month they will be running on a Sunday instead.

This next Sunday support circle will be on 26 November. If you'd like to come along, (sign up by completing the form here )
2 of 3 < >

Chatwee Update

Update - There's been some technical difficulties launching Chatwee onto our website so we will not be moving to Chatwee on Thursday.

As soon as we fix this issue, we'll announce another date for launching. We're really sorry for the delay in Chatwee, thanks so much for your patience.
3 of 3 < >

Post of The Month (September)

Maisy is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Shaunie,

​I care. I really relate to what you have been experiencing with the house falling apart, and things not getting fixed due to general shame of the state of the house and not knowing where to begin fixing things or who to contact (you don't want to come across rogue tradesmen). Not even having adequate heating and hot water. And clutter. Everywhere. It's horrible to live in such circumstances, I know. It's hard as well when you see everyone else living a 'normal' life and yet being unable to talk about your situation."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

I dont know if i can do this anymore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont know if i can do this anymore

here I am.. 945pm writing a thread i dont even want to write but feel i need to get it off my chest. Im so angry and upset with the what i put myself through. again the abortion, i know you are all probably bored of this now, but i'm still not coping. i'm sat here now crying my eyes out over how different my life would be right now if i didnt do it. i'm about to go into 3rd year of university, the last time i saw my class i was 4 weeks pregnant and hiding it. the last time i saw my tutors was when i ran to their offices crying my eyes out and panicking about this and being told they will do everything in their power to help me complete 2nd year, which they did.
    But i feel so anxious and stressed about returning and im really not sure why. well i kinda am, im scared of what people will think, im scared to bump into my ex boyfriends friends ( who he lied to about me) so they have their opinions on me. im scared im not gonna complete 3rd year.
    im still greiving from this mess that was caused.A mess i was forced to deal with alone, and without the support of some people here i would of never got through it, but i want you to know, i am still struggling.

Hi Meggles

I'm really sorry to hear that you're feeling this way. Firstly I want you to remember that you have support, you have your tutors and you have people on this website. Do you have any family or friends who you can talk to about how you're feeling? Often it helps to vent your emotions and just have someone talk through everything with you.

Having just completed my third year at university, I can completely understand your worries about your studies but it sounds like you have some great tutors who are willing to go the extra mile to get you through which is great.

I know that it's difficult but try not to focus on what other people think, often we build up in our heads this image that we think other people have of us but a lot of the time it's no where near as bad as we think. It's horrible to know that your ex boyfriend told lies about you but try to ignore anything negative from him and his friends, you know that it's not true.

Don't let anyone ruin your third year of university and the potential you have. Try and tell a friend or family member how you're feeling, or at least continue talking to people on the site, never feel as if you are alone.

If you need anymore advice or would just like to talk then don't hesitate to reply!
    Last edited by Lals; 04-09-2017, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lals View Post
      Hi Meggles

I'm really sorry to hear that you're feeling this way. Firstly I want you to remember that you have support, you have your tutors and you have people on this website. Do you have any family or friends who you can talk to about how you're feeling? Often it helps to vent your emotions and just have someone talk through everything with you.

Having just completed my third year at university, I can completely understand your worries about your studies but it sounds like you have some great tutors who are willing to go the extra mile to get you through which is great.

I know that it's difficult but try not to focus on what other people think, often we build up in our heads this image that we think other people have of us but a lot of the time it's no where near as bad as we think. It's horrible to know that your ex boyfriend told lies about you but try to ignore anything negative from him and his friends, you know that it's not true.

Don't let anyone ruin your third year of university and the potential you have. Try and tell a friend or family member how you're feeling, or at least continue talking to people on the site, never feel as if you are alone.

If you need anymore advice or would just like to talk then don't hesitate to reply!
      Thank you for responding. I don't really have anyone I feel comfortable opening up to about this. I feel it's really personal situation.
      I'm so so worried about returning that it keep reducing me to tears.
      I'm 22 FFS and the thought of going back to uni has me crying. I'm getting so mad at myself

Comment

my life is crap so none of this matters now.

Comment

Hi Meggles,

I just wanted to check in and see how you are? Are you back at uni now?

If you ever need a chat then feel free to get in touch

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
          X