Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Chatwee Update

Update - There's been some technical difficulties launching Chatwee onto our website so we will not be moving to Chatwee on Thursday.

As soon as we fix this issue, we'll announce another date for launching. We're really sorry for the delay in Chatwee, thanks so much for your patience.
2 of 2 < >

Post of The Month (September)

Maisy is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Shaunie,

​I care. I really relate to what you have been experiencing with the house falling apart, and things not getting fixed due to general shame of the state of the house and not knowing where to begin fixing things or who to contact (you don't want to come across rogue tradesmen). Not even having adequate heating and hot water. And clutter. Everywhere. It's horrible to live in such circumstances, I know. It's hard as well when you see everyone else living a 'normal' life and yet being unable to talk about your situation."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

Just a rant - no need to reply

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a rant - no need to reply

I'm meeting my new psychiatrist later and I'm actually so scared, what if they're just like the last one? What if they think bpd is incurable too? I suppose she actually wants to see me so that's a step forward, but I just have the words of my old one running through my head, that I'm never gonna get better, and he said there was no point in helping me cause I was gonna end up dead or in jail anyway. I'm Scared I'm never gonna get the right support cause of that being my primary diagnoses
    'My worst days in recovery are better than the best days in relapse.' - Kate Le Page

Hey bubbles s

Firstly I wanted to reply cos it sounds like your struggling. It's normal to be scared when your meeting somebody new, is there anyone who could go with you for some extra support?

That doesn't sound very nice what your old psychiatrist said to you, it's not the truth, your going to achieve things in your life, even the small things are achievements. This is a bump in recovery, it's normal to have bumps along the way, but that doesn't mean your not gonna get through this. Your stronger than you think

Here for you if you need to talk about anything,

Keep posting.

Take care lovely one

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow

Think ability, not disability

Comment

Thanks, it actually went okay, the first decent psychiatrist I've met! He looked at my notes and said my old psychiatrist was incompetent haha, so he decided not to read anymore and start fresh which was good as some of the stuff my old one wrote about me was awful. He even said I should start planning my future, cause he believes, even if I can't recover from my illnesses, I'll be able to at least manage them in everyday life, which actually made me cry with relief

also, can I steal that wee paragraph for my recovery journal ?
      'My worst days in recovery are better than the best days in relapse.' - Kate Le Page

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
      X