Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Vanilla features: have your say

As we move to our new boards software, Vanilla, we'll have a few new features at our disposal. We're keen to hear what you all think about them, so head here to have your say over how we'll use (or not use) some of the new features. Fill out the form before Wednesday the 21st to tell us your thoughts and have the option of joining our testing team!
2 of 3 < >

The Great Boards Migration

Great news! We're moving to new discussion boards software. Head here for the full announcement.
3 of 3 < >

Post of The Month

One-in-a-million is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Just a bit of fun here if you could create an advent calendar what would you put in it and why.

For me you would still get chocolate 😆😆
But inside each door is a task for the day. Something that includes you helping/talking to others, doing something festive and spreading Christmas cheer
For example

1. Tell your parents/carers you love them
2. Say hello when passing an OAP (that might be the only thing someone says to them all week)
3. Watch a Christmas movie
4. Help someone in need e.g put some spare change in a charity box, buy a warm drink for the homeless person who sits on the corner, dothe washing up ha ha ha😂
5 make hot chocolate
6. Visit your grandparents (if you donít already) They will more than likely love to see you.
7. Sing a Christmas song with a friend
8. Dress up in something Christmasy when you do your shopping.

You get the idea 😂😉 my reason for this is to get people in the mood and understand what Christmas actually means.

What would yours have and why."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

What should i do with myself

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should i do with myself

Recently, I have been thinking about things and it has been stacking up on my shoulders. I am not entirely sure what to do. Any advice?

Hi,

First of all, welcome to the forums. Im Eleanor, I'm 14 and also a bit of an overthinker as well, so I know how you feel.

What kinds of things are you thinking a lot about?

It can help (it certainly helps me) to have certain things you do to relax when you'e thinking about stuff - things like maybe listening to music, watching a movie, or whatever you really like to do to take your mind off of things.

Also, The Mix run live chat sessions too including a general chat which is fabulous for distraction!

Take care,

- Eleanor
    "Truely independent person who doesn't do quotes, just dates".. (29.04.17)

Comment

Hey!!

I get where you are coming from with the overthinking. I do the same all the time!

I totally agree with Eleanor. The chats are a great place to get away from your thought for a bit or to get help so I would recommend them!

How are you today?

Esme x
      Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations

Comment

Hey there Zozo575 ,

I'm sorry to hear that! As independent_ and Esme17 said earlier, overthinking is such an easy occurrence. Sometimes, (most times!) we can't even help it! May I ask what kinds of things are you thinking about that makes it feel like your shoulders are weighed down?

Comment

Heey Zozo

What kind of things are you thinking about? Do you have anyone you feel comfortable talking about it with? some things that help me are like writing it out so to get it out of your mind. being outside helps too, i feel i can breathe easier. also if you cant talk about it to anyone, do you have a pet? i often talk to my cat about problems and honestly she's a great listener
          'My worst days in recovery are better than the best days in relapse.' - Kate Le Page

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
          X