Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Support Circles on Sundays

Hey everyone,

We're going to be running support circles once a month on a Sunday! At the moment they run on Tuesdays, but for one of those Tuesdays, each month they will be running on a Sunday instead.

This next Sunday support circle will be on 26 November. If you'd like to come along, (sign up by completing the form here )
2 of 3 < >

Chatwee Update

Update - There's been some technical difficulties launching Chatwee onto our website so we will not be moving to Chatwee on Thursday.

As soon as we fix this issue, we'll announce another date for launching. We're really sorry for the delay in Chatwee, thanks so much for your patience.
3 of 3 < >

Post of The Month (September)

Maisy is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Shaunie,

​I care. I really relate to what you have been experiencing with the house falling apart, and things not getting fixed due to general shame of the state of the house and not knowing where to begin fixing things or who to contact (you don't want to come across rogue tradesmen). Not even having adequate heating and hot water. And clutter. Everywhere. It's horrible to live in such circumstances, I know. It's hard as well when you see everyone else living a 'normal' life and yet being unable to talk about your situation."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

Sorry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry

Sorry to bother you all with this ... I never normally would but I can't keep continuing knowing that I am lying to you all.

​So since probably the middle of October, I started to get just to find I was struggling because of things from my passed. I know we are all fighting are own mini battles everyday and my mini battles feel like they will never end or if it does end there is no happy ending. For the pasted 16 years of my life I have never known who I was. All I know is I am Abi. Every person is put on this world for a purpose (Not to be a failure) I feel like my role is just to help others and its not what I want. Ever since I was younger people always told my parents 'Your Abi is really supportive and helpful' not 'Oh your Abi is amazing a music' It does annoy me because people have sort of written me off and said she is good at one thing and that's it.

​Being supportive is a really nice skill to have is really lovely but it takes so much out of me. I am only 16 I have a lot of responsibility and not having that space where people tell me I am only good at one thing is horrible and its ridicules how many times people say to me I didn't think you could do that.

​I know I am really supportive on her but I think some of the mods will back me up here ... I need to take a break and look after myself first ... No this doesn't mean I am leaving you all for a while ... it just means I am not going to be as 'full on' with thing. That means I will be quitter in SC and chatting in GC.

​Sorry if I have let anyone down.

Abi

Hey Abi,

You haven't let anyone down! It's okay to not be okay, and we all go through struggles here and there. Take the time that you feel you need. No judgments anywhere! Thank you so much for all your help. We will all stay in touch on here I'm sure, even if it is as frequent as it usually is. Hope you feel better, and remember we're always here if you need to talk

Have a great day <3

Drea

Comment

Aww Abi! Sorry to hear you feel like this. Please look after yourself and take as much time as you need

You havenít let anyone down! You know where I am if you need to talk?

Esme xx
      Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations

Comment

Hey Abi,

As the others have said you're letting no one down. It's ok to take that time to yourself - take as much time as you need.

Same goes here - here if you ever need a chat!

Eleanor
        "Truely independent person who doesn't do quotes, just dates".. (29.04.17)

Comment

Hey Abi,

Please don't be sorry. Have you ever heard of the phrase "You can't pour from an empty cup"? I feel like this applies here. You need to look after yourself before you can start caring for other people. I know you know all about self care so I won't go on, but try and practise it a little, the way you encourage others to. It's great that you have other skills too, I know music is one of your passions in life and hopefully by studying it that can help you get to where you want to be. Take all the time you need, you don't have to support people in SC all of the time - chat is there to support you too when you are going through difficult times.

Take care of yourself
          Jelly x

Comment

Hi
            ​I have told myself that this month I am going to really focus on myself and get myself into a routine including self-care morning and night and see if it does help in anyway.

​@jellyelephant - That's quote is one that I know very well sadly. I never listen to my body do I? I won't be as full on in SC chats this month and if I am doing the odd night here and there but I won't be the Abi everybody is used to but that's alright because there is multiple sides to everyone. mine is just hard to see as I never show you the true me.

independent_ - I will be ... got any room in GC for so Abi? :P No I will try my best and I will keep talking to you all and if after the new year I am still not great I might go and speak to my doctor. Thank you!

Esme17 - I will try my best to and thank you!

​@Drea - Thank you. I will keep posting and talking to people on here and to people in college as well.

​Speak soon

​Abi

Comment

That sounds like a plan Abi! Lots of self-care - sounds like it's most needed!

Comment

Feel like i should just walk out of practice and not come back.

Comment

Hello Abigail, I'm new here but sounds like things are difficult Self soothe is a good idea or mindfulness? Hope things improve soon.

Comment

Update - I am still feeling quite how to put it shitty at the moment. I really don't know why I feel this bad. On Thursday my tutor kept saying to me my work is really good and I should be proud of the work I am doing but I really just can't see how it good. Within college pressure does get put on your shoulders mine comes in the form of caring, college work and wanting to prove myself to be better than my brother and show people that I am not my brothers sister I am actually someone different.

​Tomorrow (Monday) I will speak to my 1-2-1 tutor and ask her if everything I am doing is correct and the comments I am reserving are correct and its not just to make me feel better.

​Am I still doing the right thing my dropping back and looking after myself because to me I don't feel like I am? I feel useless!

Sorry

Comment

You are not useless. And yes you're doing the right thing by looking after yourself!

Comment

As others have said, you are not useless and I'm glad you're reaching out to your tutor.

Comment

I ended up speaking to my 1-2-1 tutor today and told her about the comments and she weirdly did agree with it. I have sound my voice this year and I am using it to voice my own opinions about the course I am on and now just waiting for the long response.

​I am meeting up with my personal tutor on Wednesday to talk about my course, I really don't know if I am doing the right thing telling them I am finding it to easy or if not. HELP!!
                          Hope your all doing well

Comment

Originally posted by Abigail View Post
                            I ended up speaking to my 1-2-1 tutor today and told her about the comments and she weirdly did agree with it. I have sound my voice this year and I am using it to voice my own opinions about the course I am on and now just waiting for the long response.

​I am meeting up with my personal tutor on Wednesday to talk about my course, I really don't know if I am doing the right thing telling them I am finding it to easy or if not. HELP!!
                            Hope your all doing well

Well done for speaking to your tutor. I bet it was hard to speak to your tutor. Well done for voicing your opinions. I definitely think you did the right thing, especially if she agrees with you. x

Comment

Meeting tomorrow and I am so nervous but I don't know why. Really hope I don't regret this now!

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                              X