Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Chatwee Update

Update - There's been some technical difficulties launching Chatwee onto our website so we will not be moving to Chatwee on Thursday.

As soon as we fix this issue, we'll announce another date for launching. We're really sorry for the delay in Chatwee, thanks so much for your patience.
2 of 2 < >

Post of The Month (September)

Maisy is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Shaunie,

​I care. I really relate to what you have been experiencing with the house falling apart, and things not getting fixed due to general shame of the state of the house and not knowing where to begin fixing things or who to contact (you don't want to come across rogue tradesmen). Not even having adequate heating and hot water. And clutter. Everywhere. It's horrible to live in such circumstances, I know. It's hard as well when you see everyone else living a 'normal' life and yet being unable to talk about your situation."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

Feel guilty about eating meat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feel guilty about eating meat?

It's not all the time but every now and then i feel very guilty and upset about eating meat. I would like to say it was as simple as saying I wont eat it again but I don't eat alot of other foods to make up for my diet. I am really fussy with my food and don't eat alot of beg at all.

It's not a constant feeling of guilt but when it comes on I keep thinking.

That was an animals life, baby, parent ect.
    I know it's how humans have evolved but.......

I totally understand

Would reducing the amount of meat you eat or changing the quality of meat you eat (e.g. free range from local sources etc) help you feel less guilty? There are lots of ways to unpick these thoughts without having to give up meat (unless you want to!)
    I am Kate in chat

Comment

Hey I'm Bobby,

​I totally understand - I'm going veggie for 2017, trying it out for a year to see how I feel about living without meat, whether it makes me happier etc. Meat substitutes seem to be the way to go to potentially put minds at rest

Comment

Hi guys sorry for no reply. I feel one of the problems is a friend of mine is vegan, be he is constantly putting images and videos and stuff on that basically shames meat eaters.

Like I say I am very fussy with food and don't eat much veg (I'm trying to get better at this tho) I feel fine at the moment and I just don't understand why it comes on all of a sudden and then just goes.

I do like to make sure that my meat products have come from somwhere that I know have looked after the animals. Just feels bit sad sometimes

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
        X