Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Support Circles on Sundays

Hey everyone,

We're going to be running support circles once a month on a Sunday! At the moment they run on Tuesdays, but for one of those Tuesdays, each month they will be running on a Sunday instead.

This next Sunday support circle will be on 26 November. If you'd like to come along, (sign up by completing the form here )
2 of 3 < >

Chatwee Update

Update - There's been some technical difficulties launching Chatwee onto our website so we will not be moving to Chatwee on Thursday.

As soon as we fix this issue, we'll announce another date for launching. We're really sorry for the delay in Chatwee, thanks so much for your patience.
3 of 3 < >

Post of The Month (September)

Maisy is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Shaunie,

​I care. I really relate to what you have been experiencing with the house falling apart, and things not getting fixed due to general shame of the state of the house and not knowing where to begin fixing things or who to contact (you don't want to come across rogue tradesmen). Not even having adequate heating and hot water. And clutter. Everywhere. It's horrible to live in such circumstances, I know. It's hard as well when you see everyone else living a 'normal' life and yet being unable to talk about your situation."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

Very high appetite

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very high appetite

I suffer from a ridiculously high appetite. I'm hungry for the large majority of the time. Despite eating many times every day, I often feel painfully hungry - as though I haven't eaten for days. After I've eaten, I'm hungry again within minutes. I'm often woken by my hunger and sometimes have to eat something before I'm able to go back to sleep.

Eating all this food is costing me a lot and I'm gaining a lot of body fat.

What can I do to reduce my appetite? I've tried distracting myself and keeping busy with other things, but it doesn't work. I asked doctors for appetite suppressants, but they refused to prescribe them to me.
    Last edited by Robert; 27-01-2017, 05:20 PM.

Hi Robert,

Here is a link for ways to help your appetite. It could be that you're not eating large enough meals, or filling meals which make you hungry more often. It may also be good to talk to your doctor about possible reasons why you might be experiencing this. Here is a link for ways to reduce an appetite but to still eat well:
    http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/redu...tite-2854.html

Drea

Comment

I'm eating huge amounts of food that should be filling. I'm already doing what that article suggests, but my appetite is still ridiculously high and I'm so hungry that it's painful.
      Last edited by Robert; 30-01-2017, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
      X