Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Chatwee Update

Update - There's been some technical difficulties launching Chatwee onto our website so we will not be moving to Chatwee on Thursday.

As soon as we fix this issue, we'll announce another date for launching. We're really sorry for the delay in Chatwee, thanks so much for your patience.
2 of 2 < >

Post of The Month (September)

Maisy is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Shaunie,

​I care. I really relate to what you have been experiencing with the house falling apart, and things not getting fixed due to general shame of the state of the house and not knowing where to begin fixing things or who to contact (you don't want to come across rogue tradesmen). Not even having adequate heating and hot water. And clutter. Everywhere. It's horrible to live in such circumstances, I know. It's hard as well when you see everyone else living a 'normal' life and yet being unable to talk about your situation."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

Being criticised for not drinking tea or coffee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being criticised for not drinking tea or coffee

Many people have criticised me for drinking squash. They told me that it's for children only - and that adults drink tea and/or coffee. I've tried tea and coffee and disliked both. At several people's houses, when they offered me a drink, tea and coffee were the only options. When I asked for squash, they looked at me in a puzzled and displeased way, as though I was an alien and was asking for something unreasonable. When I then asked for water instead, they likewise thought that was weird - but eventually allowed me to drink water there. Some of them told me that they'd never before met an adult who doesn't drink tea or coffee.

Am I in a tiny minority? Do the vast majority of people drink tea and/or coffee? Do most people stop enjoying drinking squash at a particular age? Is there an age at which people are widely considered to be too old to drink it?
    Last edited by Robert; 25-03-2017, 10:27 AM.

I know a loaf of people that don't drink tea or coffee. Some like hot choc but even then, rarely drink it - they prefer water or fresh juice.
    With time and support you can start to see out of that dark hole and even feel hopeful - Jo7

Comment

Why do some people have an anti-squash snobbery, saying that it's childish? I can't understand why some people are puzzled and offended that I drink it rather than tea or coffee. Do many people not have any drinks in their houses other than tea and coffee?
      Last edited by Robert; 25-03-2017, 12:13 PM.

Comment

My partner is a juice only guy, on the rare occasions he'll have a hot chocolate but it has to be Mexican hot chocolate
        you're certainly not alone, a lot of people where i work only like squash, it's no surprise that coffee can be really bitter and tea just isn't for everyone. besides if you get natural squash it's healthier than coffee and tea with sugar in so the jokes on them some people just don't understand that everyone has different tastes, you can always buy those little squeezey bottles of Robinsons or asda's own that you just squeeze into water so you can just keep that on you x
        "Weave me a rope that will pull me through these impossible times"
        ~ Tim Finn

- LAINE

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
        X