Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Support Circles on Sundays

Hey everyone,

We're going to be running support circles once a month on a Sunday! At the moment they run on Tuesdays, but for one of those Tuesdays, each month they will be running on a Sunday instead.

This next Sunday support circle will be on 26 November. If you'd like to come along, (sign up by completing the form here )
2 of 3 < >

Chatwee Update

Update - There's been some technical difficulties launching Chatwee onto our website so we will not be moving to Chatwee on Thursday.

As soon as we fix this issue, we'll announce another date for launching. We're really sorry for the delay in Chatwee, thanks so much for your patience.
3 of 3 < >

Post of The Month (September)

Maisy is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Shaunie,

​I care. I really relate to what you have been experiencing with the house falling apart, and things not getting fixed due to general shame of the state of the house and not knowing where to begin fixing things or who to contact (you don't want to come across rogue tradesmen). Not even having adequate heating and hot water. And clutter. Everywhere. It's horrible to live in such circumstances, I know. It's hard as well when you see everyone else living a 'normal' life and yet being unable to talk about your situation."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

Stand up to cancer!!! Shaved all my head for charity today!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stand up to cancer!!! Shaved all my head for charity today!!!

My cousin was diagnosed with cancer back in Jan and recently he started his chemo. Anyway today I took the brave decision to shave my head for cancer research. I raised 350 for the charity but now I regret having it done so much as it really doesn't suit me.
    ​What can I do because I feel awful about having it done and just feel the need to stay in all the time until it grows back

hey laura,

wow what a lovely thing to do - sorry you are feeling awful about it now. Try to remember why you did that in the first place as it's for a good cause. You can't make your hair grow back so be confident in yourself and proud that you raised money for a good charity.

Comment

Hey Laura

That's such a lovely and brave thing to do lovely!

Have you thought about changing the negative thinking from I don't know if I like my hair short to how brave and a lovely thing that was to do.

Also maybe wearing a wig? If you aren't comfortable with short hair.
      'Why are you trying to fit in be born to stand out'

Comment

Hey Laura,
        Well done for doing that, you're very brave! Not a lot of people do that so you should be very proud of yourself! I personally think you can pull anything off if you wear it with confidence! Own the short hair and make it your own style! Just remember that it grows back and it probably wont take long to grow back either! Hope you're feeling a bit better about it today. Could just be a case of getting used to it because of the sudden change in hairstyle
        I'm sure you look amazing!
        Drea

Comment

Hi Jellyelephant. Thank you so much for the reply means a lot. Yeah I know it was a brave thing to do but at the time i felt like doing it to support my cousin. I have regretted it ever since but I'm doing what you said and trying to remember why i did it in the first place. Ill try and be confidence with the way i look but at the moments its so not like me to look like this!! Im proud that I raised the money even though I regret it after having it done.

​Hi Lostsense. Thanks for the reply. Thanks for saying it was a lovely and brave thing to do, it wasn't easy at all. I'm trying to change the negativity to positive thoughts but at the moment its not easy especially as before I had really long hair and then when I recently had it cut it was then a long bob style so having it completely shaved off was a massive step for me. I might have to wear a wig ill see how quickly I get used to it, thanks

​Hi Drea. Thanks for the reply. Thanks for saying I'm brave for doing it and yeah I know not a lot of people would do it and I' am proud in myself for doing it but its just a shock now with how different I look. Yeah ill try and be confidence with the new style but I don't know if I like it, I guess its just getting used to the sudden change especially as I said on the lostsense part of this reply that my hair was long before and then even when it was a long bob style it was still at least shoulder length, it just feels so strange not having any hair!!!!! thanks for saying I probably look amazing but I don't thing so!

​Thank you for all your replies and I hope I receive more. Its helping so much with what you all have put!

Comment

Well done Laura <3 <3 hair will grow back but you'll always remember the money you raised

Comment

thanks Sammy for the reply, yeah I know my hair will grow back, I still haven't got used to it yet. Yeah I just have to think about the money ive raised.

Comment

Hope your doing okay Laura💙💜
                'Why are you trying to fit in be born to stand out'

Comment

not really Lostsense, private message me

Comment

Hey laura,
                    I know that it feels horrible right now mainly because of your body image problems, I can relate so much to that and wish I had the advice to give you on that, but you've got to remember the reason you shaved all of your hair of for, it was for such a great cause, it was an amazing thing you did, well done, that's a lot of money to raise, it's amazing.
                    Alice xx

Comment

Hey Pink and fluffy. Yeh it does feel horrible right now and it doesn't help that ive had problems with my self image before because of bad experiences which has lowed my self confidence so much. Yeh I did it for a good cause but I still regret it so much. I hope I will better about it soon but I still don't at the moment. Thanks for saying that it was an amazing thing to do

Comment

Have you looked into wearing a wig or wearing a hat or something, anything to make you feel better?
                        Alice

Comment

I have thought about wearing a wig but at the same time I feel that I should just be proud with what ive done because at the end of my day I'm doing it to help my cousin

Comment

Yeah, that's a great way of thinking ☺☺

Comment

yeah I'm trying to think like that but at the same time its hard because of the how I feel about myself especially because of past experinces

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                              X