Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Chatwee Update

Update - There's been some technical difficulties launching Chatwee onto our website so we will not be moving to Chatwee on Thursday.

As soon as we fix this issue, we'll announce another date for launching. We're really sorry for the delay in Chatwee, thanks so much for your patience.
2 of 2 < >

Post of The Month (September)

Maisy is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Shaunie,

​I care. I really relate to what you have been experiencing with the house falling apart, and things not getting fixed due to general shame of the state of the house and not knowing where to begin fixing things or who to contact (you don't want to come across rogue tradesmen). Not even having adequate heating and hot water. And clutter. Everywhere. It's horrible to live in such circumstances, I know. It's hard as well when you see everyone else living a 'normal' life and yet being unable to talk about your situation."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

Revision

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revision

Hi there.
    ​I'll keep this short. Im struggling to revise Geography for my GCSE exam. I've tried doing papers and that's not working. Does anyone have any ways they use to revise geography.

Have you tried making notes and/or flashcards to use?

Comment

Hiya,

I'm not doing geography (maps aren't my thing) but I have a similar issue in that I just struggle to revise any subject be it maths Biology or anything! I agree with Jelly, notes and flashcards might help you!
      "Truely independent person who doesn't do quotes, just dates".. (29.04.17)

Comment

Hey Abigail,

Geography can be a hard subject to revise for, but there's some great revision websites out there that might be helpful. For example, the BBC's GCSE Bitesize website have a great section on Geography here. There's also an online forum called thestudentroom where people often share advice and tips about exams. I've found a thread that specificly for GCSE Geography here. One of the tips I read was to make a list of all the case studies you need to learn and then checking the syllabus to make revision cards of the main details you need to remember.

Hope these are helpful, wishing you the best of luck with your Geography exam

You can do it!

- Aife

Comment

Hi Abigail,
          Hope you manage to find a way to revise, I remember when I did exams I used to be rubbish at it.

One way that most people say benefits them is to make flash cards, but using highlighters and different colours, this way you relate a colour to a certain piece of information.

I also agree with Aife, BBC bitesize is a great place to start.

Good luck with your exams!

Hiccup
          You're a ghost at most
          A set of empty bones
          Searching for anything and everything to make you feel whole

Comment

I did Geography for GCSE and yes it can be hard. What worked best for me would be using flash cards. Instead of looking and reading the whole book try to write down the important information, like key words and the meaning.

Comment

Well im so happy that i have finished geography and i msy not of passed but i will not of failed

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
              X