Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Prize draw!

We're running a prize draw here on the discussion boards! Take a look here to get involved.
2 of 3 < >

Post of The Month (August)

Meggles is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"my recent post and a comment from another user has made me realise that self care is so important.

I wanted to start a thread in the Health and Wellbeing section of the boards about self care.

Self care is provided by you, for you

I know a lot of us are struggling at the moment with different aspects of our own lives, and sometimes we get so lost in these we forget to take time for ourselves. This tread is, a Reminder to you to take time out for yourself during the difficult times.

down in the comments I would really love for people to share ideas and tips about self- care. to remind ourselves and others in the community.

My way of self care when i recognise ( or someone recognises i have neglected myself) is:

Take a walk and admire whats around me ( take as long as needed)
treat myself to a bath with a bathbomb and bubbles ( bubbles are important)
make a hot drink and just sit down with a film.

Please feel free to share your ideas!

The Mix have a guide to self-care which you can find here."
(Click for full post )
3 of 3 < >

Get involved

Fancy hosting one of our General Chats, or getting involved with the community in another way? Let us know here.
See more
See less

Long Distance Relationship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Distance Relationship

Hi everyone,
    Im looking for some advice I have been with my boyfriend for 3 years and we have always lived apart and seen each other on weekends, however he is about to go abroad to work for 5 1/2 months which is extremely daunting! I just wanted to know if anyone else has any experiences of long distance relationships and how they have coped with these?

Thank you
    Becky

Hey Becky,

Welcome to the boards!

It can be pretty tough when you're going through an LDR, however I guess in this situation it's a little better that it won't always be an LDR but rather part time! With that being said there are ways of trying to make it as least hard as possible! We aren't relationships experts and I haven't personally been in an LDR but things which may often help are regular skype calls and facetime! These tend to be the biggest help since you get to see each other As hard as it is, remember that it won't always be like this and it is only temporary! Here is a link which has some good tips for LDRs! Hope you find it useful: http://www.themix.org.uk/sex-and-rel...hips-2943.html

Have a great day,
    Drea

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
    X