Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Chatwee Update

Update - There's been some technical difficulties launching Chatwee onto our website so we will not be moving to Chatwee on Thursday.

As soon as we fix this issue, we'll announce another date for launching. We're really sorry for the delay in Chatwee, thanks so much for your patience.
2 of 2 < >

Post of The Month (September)

Maisy is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Shaunie,

​I care. I really relate to what you have been experiencing with the house falling apart, and things not getting fixed due to general shame of the state of the house and not knowing where to begin fixing things or who to contact (you don't want to come across rogue tradesmen). Not even having adequate heating and hot water. And clutter. Everywhere. It's horrible to live in such circumstances, I know. It's hard as well when you see everyone else living a 'normal' life and yet being unable to talk about your situation."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

Do you believe in soul mates?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you believe in soul mates?

I know my topics are turning very lovey dovey recently, I'm sorry, but being in love does that haha

Was just wondering what people thought about the idea of soul mates? I'm very curious about it, and it's not something I believed til recently.

Do you believe soul mates are real?
    Yes, I just haven't found them yet.
    9.09%
    Yes, I've found them.
    45.45%
    Nah, that's a load of rubbish.
    45.45%
    No matter how hard it will get
    We will pull always through
    ​Because I'll never forget
    ​It's the human thing to do

Hate to be such a Debbie downer.

But definitely not.
    If that was true and there was one person for everyone or destined to fall for them. - hardly anyone would fall in love causes it would be unlikely to find them.
    I think we can fall in love with people we choose to tbh.

And if that was true people wouldn't find love with someone after they have passed away but still love them both the same about. But wouldn't mead one isn't real love.

And people wouldn't 're marry unless it was the wrong person to start with.

That probably makes no sense
    I dont expect anything - to just end up disappointed. But i do not have zero hope for the future cause that has only dragged me down & brung negativity. I will just not predict the future

Comment

Ha, that's fine Shaunie, makes sense to me I was just curious what everyone else thought about it. Tbh I only believe now because it'd be too much of a coincidence for me to have met my girlfriend randomly, does that make sense?? Lol probably not

Comment

I don't believe in soulmates - although perhaps that is just because I haven't met mine yet

Realistically though I think relationships take work and commitment on both sides to be successful.

Comment

That's so true jelly! I dont literally believe in soul mates, but if you click instantly and dont feel you have to even try, that's the sort of person I mean. There's probably way more thsn just one 'soul mate' perfect for a person. There isn't really another word for it, and soul mates sounds so soppy lol
          Last edited by Aidan; 12-05-2017, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Well soul mates is when you believe there is someone out there you are destined to be with, like your perfect match. I understand what you are saying, but that's more like being compatible with each other than soul mates. I think we are compatible with multiple people - like there are many different people we *could* be with but it's up to us to choose someone and put the work in..

Comment

I'm really not good with words so I just can't explain it, but I think you hit the nail on the head here Jelly!

Comment

I think there may be many people right for each other, as in not a single person right for you and a single one for me and so on. However, I think that 'soulmate' is a word that you can assign to someone when you meet them and feel a really good connection with them. Your soul may connect to another person's just as well, but at this moment it's this person who is your soulmate. And that makes a difference. When you are with one, it doesn't matter that there may be 15 or 100 or 2000 more out there who might also be your soulmate. All that matters is this one. And that's really beautiful

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                X